The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

Women 2013/14

I thought it might be nice to have a thread for ladies coming to Aber in September.

I'm really looking forward to all of the wonderful female appreciation events that we can be involved in like Blue Stockings Week and International Woman's Day.

So what are you studying? what are you hoping to get out of the next 3/4 years?

Bonus points question: who are your top 5 female role models?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Kate x
I might be there in September, 2014. I'm doing a UK Transfer Degree and I can't decide yet between Aberystwyth and Reading. But oh well~ Anyway, regardless of which Uni, I'm hoping to get to know more Caucasian. It appears that most of my seniors only hangs out with Asians, which really defeats the purpose of going to a Western country (IMHO). When asked, their reason is this, "Caucasians don't like Asians." Is this true? I surely hope not.

Oh! And I want to have lots and lots of fun there too. :biggrin:

My top 5 female role models :

Liu Yi Fei - she has that sort of elegance that makes me falling head over heel for her.

Myolie Wu - she purposely gained lots of weight for her job (she's an actress). I find her dedication to her job to be all so awesome.

Kate Middleton - Well, she's the Duchess for one. But that's not the reason. It's her humbleness that I like. Well, not that I know her personally.I merely deduced that from her lack of excessive use of jewelry.

Lady Brenda Hale - the only female Supreme Court judge in UK (if memory serves me right). and hello? The 4th Most Powerful Woman in UK!

And last but not least,

My mother (but don't tell her that) - I am a very strange child. Constantly told so by my friends and family. I think that her being alive and surprisingly, Very Healthy ,after being with me for so many years deserve some credits. If it's someone else, I foresee massive heart attack.

:biggrin:
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Reply 2
Hey! I'm Manon. I'll be studying Professional Welsh and staying in Pantycelyn :smile:
Not sure who are my female role models, but I heard Aber had a day full of events to celebrate International Women's Day this year. Hopefully there'll be something similar next year!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest