Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

So I got in to moonraker point which for some odd reason I had as my second choice. Now I'm beginning to regret it since its almost 200 a week and self catered.

I've never really had to cook myself so I'm a bit worried about that. Other than that I don't care about having my personal bathroom anymore. Plus I don't want to be in a total concrete jungle. Since moonraker has no greenery anywhere.

I have started considering intercollegiate halls because I want to be in a really social area where it is easier to make friends and where there are many international students like myself. People keep telling me that ill never have a traditional uni experience because ill be going from one building to another and there wont be gardens and stuff that traditional unis have. sooo i thought maybe Garden Halls would suffice? Which halls are closer to the strand campus and are they all in zone 1? Also how's the food? Which ones have the largest rooms? Is it A GOOD IDEA TO CHANGE TO AN INTERCOLLEGIATE FROM A UNI RESIDENCE? ...

ANYONE LOOKING TO SWAP?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aas123)
    Hey guys,

So I got in to moonraker point which for some odd reason I had as my second choice. Now I'm beginning to regret it since its almost 200 a week and for a really small room.

I can cook basic stuff like eggs I guess. I've never really had to cook myself so I'm a bit worried about that. Other than that I don't care about having my personal bathroom anymore. Plus I don't want to be in a total concrete jungle. Since moonraker has no greenery anywhere.

I have started considering intercollegiate halls because I want to be in a really social area where it is easier to make friends and where there are many international students like myself. People keep telling me that ill never have a traditional uni experience because ill be going from one building to another and there wont be gardens and stuff that traditional unis have. sooo i thought maybe Garden Halls would suffice? Which halls are closer to the strand campus and are they all in zone 1? Also how's the food? Which ones have the largest rooms? Is it A GOOD IDEA TO CHANGE TO AN INTERCOLLEGIATE FROM A UNI RESIDENCE? ...

ANYONE LOOKING TO SWAP?
    Have they begun giving out offers for accommodation already?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flax)
    Have they begun giving out offers for accommodation already?
    I'm doing the foundation so I was supposed to get my offer mid July

ReputationRep:
    I will also be doing the foundation I received my offer, and I will be in the College Hall (in Malet street)

ReputationRep:
    Go to intercollegiate halls! I was in International Hall (and went to kings college London) and it was the best year

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wooow! thanks so excited!! What did u study at King's?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rouses)
    Wooow! thanks so excited!! What did u study at King's?
    I did Biomedical Science. What are you going to study?

And the reason why I say intercollegiate is because it was brilliant. Bit far for me because I was based at Guys Campus, but worth it.
    It's catered so you meet everyone from other uni's.
    Very sociable and close to Piccadilly/Leicester sq.
    We had a bar in my halls. So many plus points! Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rouses)
    I will also be doing the foundation I received my offer, and I will be in the College Hall (in Malet street)
    Finally someone else who is doing foundation!! Are you doing the science one or humanities? I already paid the deposit for Moonraker point because the accommodation services couldnt guarantee that I'd get another place Hopefully ill be able to switch later on! I realllyyy wanted to go to College Hall!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PotterLaw)
    Go to intercollegiate halls! I was in International Hall (and went to kings college London) and it was the best year

Posted from TSR Mobile
    did you stay in international Hall all through university? Or did you stay at other residences too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aas123)
    did you stay in international Hall all through university? Or did you stay at other residences too?
    Just for first year. Then I moved and shared a house with friends from Uni for years 2 and 3

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 6, 2013
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.