Crawling skin during night Watch

Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Last night I came out with a rash and itchy red spots, couldn't sleep because my skin felt hot and like it was crawling, then every time I was about to fall asleep I was getting like a sudden hot flash through my body which woke me up. Any idea what it could be? I've been getting a dry scalp and skin recently.

Posted from TSR Mobile
x-Natalie-x
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm almost 100% sure I know what it is.

Uteria is a skin condition which brings the skin up in hives. These rashes can be very itchy and hot and usually go within a few hours/days depending how severe. Numerous things can cause the breakout, usually heat,cold, or illergic reactions. The cells in the skin release histamine causing the reaction.

do you find you get these rashes when in the sun for extended periods of time or after a hot shower?

Try keeping cooler at night, maybe sleeping with a thinner cover or no cover at all.
Uteria can't be cured but usually anti histamines over the counter do the trick just fine

Im not a doctor so if it persists its good to get it checked out at the GP! But I don't think you have anything to worry about
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (78)
26.62%
No (215)
73.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed