hi, Watch

ukinforce
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm going to study a full time course in an English university, I have got an English passport but I never lived in the United Kingdom ( I always lived in France).
I wanted to know if I could qualify for a maintenance loan?
And which form I should fill out to apply for funding (online or on paper, and as a UK student or a EU student) ?
Thanks
Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi there,

If you have been resident within the EU (including France) for the past 3 years or more, you could be entitled to full funding from SFE. You would need to be staying within England by the 01/09/13 to be eligible.

Thanks.
ukinforce
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I asked for my funding online and they said that I was only eligible for a tuition fee loan.
And they are asking me to give them my bank details and my National insurance number but I haven't got them.
Should I apply to get a National insurance number?
And when should I open my bank account? (I was planning to do so in October, would it be to late to receive the loan in time? )
Thanks
Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi there,

It would be best if you send a cover letter to our assessors in Darlington confirming that you have UK nationality, that you have been in the EU for 3 years or more and they can update your application manually.

You can provide us with bank details up until 4 working days before your first payment is due to be paid.

In regards to the National Insurance Number, if you haven't already started the application process, once it's flagged on our system that you do not have one, the Department for Work and Pensions will arrange a National Insurance Number interview with a local Jobcenter Plus.

Thanks,
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Design: Ceramics, Furniture or Jewellery Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 25 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?