Do you want to join the official TSR tour of the Houses of Parliament tomorrow? Watch

shooks
  • TSR Community Team
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
For those who don't know me, I'm the community editor on The Student Room. To cut a long story short, one thing I've been working on is setting a tour of the Houses of Parliament for some competition winners.

This tour is happening tomorrow morning (Tuesday 23 July 2013, 10am) but we have had a number of people drop out at the last minute.

As a result, we now have several places available on this tour. I'm offering these places to any members of the TSR community who would be keen to go on an official tour of Parliament.

If you would like to join us on the tour, please PM me asap. These remaining spaces will be allocated on a strictly first-come, first-served basis. I will update this thread once all the spaces have been filled.

Please bear in mind that, to come along, you'll need to be able to get to Westminster by 10am tomorrow. The tour will take about two hours and will be conducted by a member of the House of Lords.

It's a really cool tour and it seems a real shame not to use all the places we have for this. Let me know!
Lord Hysteria
Badges: 16
Report 5 years ago
Which other TSRians are going?

Don't invite the TSR Islamist community.
Galileo Galilei
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by shooks)
For those who don't know me, I'm the community editor on The Student Room. To cut a long story short, one thing I've been working on is setting a tour of the Houses of Parliament for some competition winners.

This tour is happening tomorrow morning (Tuesday 23 July 2013, 10am) but we have had a number of people drop out at the last minute.

As a result, we now have several places available on this tour. I'm offering these places to any members of the TSR community who would be keen to go on an official tour of Parliament.

If you would like to join us on the tour, please PM me asap. These remaining spaces will be allocated on a strictly first-come, first-served basis. I will update this thread once all the spaces have been filled.

Please bear in mind that, to come along, you'll need to be able to get to Westminster by 10am tomorrow. The tour will take about two hours and will be conducted by a member of the House of Lords.

It's a really cool tour and it seems a real shame not to use all the places we have for this. Let me know!
I am up for it Shooks , sent a PM to you
Galileo Galilei
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Lord Hysteria)
Which other TSRians are going?
Are you going?
Morgsie
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If there is one next time then send me a PM, can't go
ahq
Badges: 13
Report 5 years ago
I'm traveling to London tomorrow but unfortunately not in time for this.
shooks
  • TSR Community Team
Rep:
?
(Original post by Galileo Galilei)
I am up for it Shooks , sent a PM to you
Nice one I'll PM you a bit later with the details.
Birchington
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
This looks like a fantastic opportunity so cheers for the invite! I am able to attend, I have sent you a PM to confirm.
Jaki_B
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Is there a cost and where's everyone meeting?
Endless Blue
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Too short notice for me I'm afraid as I live too far away from London. But thanks, I'll keep an eye out for the next tour!
That Bearded Man
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Haha - I'm in Belfast so no, I won't be able to attend - appreciate the inv though
Mazzini
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
x
Sorry for being impatient, but what's happening about it? I need to know so I can book train tickets if I have a place
The_Internet
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
As above - if I perhaps knew at least 2 days earlier, then maybe. Otherwise, the expense is too much. I live around 230 miles from London
shooks
  • TSR Community Team
Rep:
?
(Original post by Abiraleft)
I'm traveling to London tomorrow but unfortunately not in time for this.
Sorry you can't join us.

(Original post by Birchington)
This looks like a fantastic opportunity so cheers for the invite! I am able to attend, I have sent you a PM to confirm.
Nice one - have added you to the list and sent you a PM with the details.

(Original post by Jaki_B)
Is there a cost and where's everyone meeting?
No cost - these tours are all free of charge. I've sent you a PM with meeting times and place.

(Original post by Mazzini)
Sorry for being impatient, but what's happening about it? I need to know so I can book train tickets if I have a place
Sorry - have been out! I've saved a place for you - all the details are in your PM inbox.
Mazzini
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Sorry - have been out! I've saved a place for you - all the details are in your PM inbox.
Thanks again, sorry for appearing impatient
nixonsjellybeans
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Only just seen this as had a week off :lol: certainly can't make it
Lord Hysteria
Report 5 years ago
I was at Parliament today.
Galileo Galilei
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I was at Parliament today.
Did you get a tour?
Lord Hysteria
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Galileo Galilei)
Did you get a tour?
I've been to Parliament a good few times already ...

I went passed today on my way to National Portrait Gallery which is very close.
Galileo Galilei
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've been to Parliament a good few times already ...

I went passed today on my way to National Portrait Gallery which is very close.
Ohh okay, understood.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (169)
18.69%
No (549)
60.73%
Not really bothered about them (186)
20.58%

Watched Threads