Plans after OU Watch

pippy123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Thought it would be interesting to see what everyones plans are after graduating? :-)
I am studying broad based natural science and hope to go onto a masters and ultimately end up working within wildlife conservation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rum Ham
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I am starting BSc Natural Sciences (biology pathway) in October my plans for after my degree are hopefully a masters and or PhD through time. I am hoping to become a virologist or microbiologist.
Nitebot
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm older than both of you and already have a 'career -haha!' in local government . But I'm doing science for personal development more than anything else. Making up for my misspent youth. I might go on to do a Masters if I complete my BSc.
dg2009
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
More study
Lazuliblue
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm planning on becoming a primary school teacher...if my health will allow (which it WILL *determined face*)
Lambert87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
PGCE in chemistry and biology

Posted from TSR Mobile
Simone.xox
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm studying MSc (Honors) Criminology & Psychological Studies and I'm hoping to go on a do a masters in social work. I would like to work as a community social worker in the area of mental health.
Nitebot
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Simone.xox)
I'm studying MSc (Honors) Criminology & Psychological Studies and I'm hoping to go on a do a masters in social work. I would like to work as a community social worker in the area of mental health.
Two MAs? Impressive!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Simone.xox
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Nitebot)
Two MAs? Impressive!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahh no, I wish I meant BSc in Criminology & Psychological Studies, I wish I could afford two masters, they're far too expensive!
Spinnerette
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I want to do an MA after at the University of Wales, distance learning. Hmm 4 more years til I graduate from the OU at all. I need to think of it in terms of modules not number of years left *cries*. I'll be 28 then.
GMC Vandura
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Pippy123 I've got the same plans about Wildlife Conservation. The only difference is that I use Open University study as an entrance to a brick uni in UK.
Arketec
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'd quite like to be a fashion designer.
classicnut
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Having graduated with the OU last year I am planning to do an MA in 2014 either at University of Nottingham or Leicester in Classics
GMC Vandura
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Arketec)
I'd quite like to be a fashion designer.
A friend of mine has similar plans.

MA in 2014 either at University of Nottingham or Leicester in Classics
I'm thinking about Lancaster or UEA or Exeter or... :teeth: Cambridge. (Anyone on the same boat? Anyone succeeded?)
Arketec
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by GMC Vandura)
A friend of mine has similar plans.

I'm thinking about Lancaster or UEA or Exeter or... :teeth: Cambridge. (Anyone on the same boat? Anyone succeeded?)
There was a cafe owner in cambridge (where I used to live) who did evening classes then OU and then an Oxford qualification can't remember what level and was a lecturer teaching politics at Oxford university.
So I think all that independent study & self motivation is looked at favourably.

I've never tried fashion design I'd just like to give it a go-as a hobby I suppose. Sometimes I take my daydreams too seriously.
aaddzz125
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
After my Health Science degree I hope to go onto a graduate entry into Paramedic Science in order to my dream job of a paramedic!
GMC Vandura
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Arketec, it is very encouraging post!

Sometimes I take my daydreams too seriously.
Everything begins from a dream . My friend is starting from the very scratch, because earlier, parents made her study... chemistry.
Arketec
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by GMC Vandura)
Arketec, it is very encouraging post!

Everything begins from a dream .

I already print my art on T-shirts I keep on meaning to have a go on a sewing machine. It just feels so ... girly

What are you planning to do at Phd level?
GMC Vandura
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I already print my art on T-shirts
:cool:Funny. Some time ago I had a small store at CafePress platform, just to see how it works and express myself. I gave up since I became tired of too much sitting in front of PC.

What are you planning to do at Phd level?
Gosh, I'm not sure if I go that high. I'm certain about Bachelor. Master is possible, but I don't like to "overthink", I am a doer. Then? Well, we will see what life will bring us...

My passion are wildlife inventory methods. I've already participated in cataloguing of endangered plants and beetles of a national park in Poland. Great experience!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The results of this poll are hidden until the poll closes.

Watched Threads