The Student Room Group

I'm size 8 so not a real woman?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 2ndClass
It probably means you have no assets whatsoever hence not a real woman. I'm inclined to agree tbh.

Girls with boyish bodies are a complete boner-kill.

Doesn't make her any less of a real woman

Original post by Harley
Everyone should just realise that if you identify as one then you're a real woman.

This.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 81
It probably means you have no assets whatsoever hence not a real woman. I'm inclined to agree tbh.

That's up to you. However I'm pretty skinny and small breasted and have never had any complaints, in fact, far from it :wink: It's a shame men aren't obliged by clothing to show their bulge, maybe that hyper-judgmental ego of yours would shrink somewhat :wink:

Everyone is allowed their preferences, it's just those who are narrow-minded enough to be a complete rectal canal about it and don't think to open their mind a little and see that actually, maybe some people are beautiful without massive tits, even if you would choose not to sleep with her.
Reply 82

You know what is a mega turn off, is men who have disgusting stereotypes of women and see them as nothing more than semen buckets.

Your probably only saying that because you wish your "downstairs area" was larger than the tiny thing that hangs there now. :mmm:
Reply 83
Original post by Rajvir
You know what is a mega turn off, is men who have disgusting stereotypes of women and see them as nothing more than semen buckets.

Your probably only saying that because you wish your "downstairs area" was larger than the tiny thing that hangs there now. :mmm:

Is the heat making people stupid or something? she said the only thing that classifies a woman as real is her uterus, which I responded to by saying that she's implying that all a woman is reduced to is reproductive capacities, hence the semen bucket.

:FYI: I'm good down there.
Reply 84
Original post by Jessaay!
That's up to you. However I'm pretty skinny and small breasted and have never had any complaints, in fact, far from it :wink: It's a shame men aren't obliged by clothing to show their bulge, maybe that hyper-judgmental ego of yours would shrink somewhat :wink:

Everyone is allowed their preferences, it's just those who are narrow-minded enough to be a complete rectal canal about it and don't think to open their mind a little and see that actually, maybe some people are beautiful without massive tits, even if you would choose not to sleep with her.

So what you're saying is, you're not attractive, but I should open minded enough to find you attractive because you don't have an ass or massive tits.......:lolwut:

Dude listen if you don't have massive tits that's fine, but if you have a flat ass as-well then I'll have to trade you in tbh. You got to have one or the other. I'm just being honest.
(edited 10 years ago)
Women who are under a size 12 do have it easier than women who are bigger than size 12. Although nasty comments about thin women aren't nice and shouldn't be acceptable, we all know which figure society sees as the most desirable. Whenever people would say to me that I was too thin or that men didn't find my body shape attractive I would take it as a compliment because I wanted to be thin (and still do). I don't think you can simply reverse what people say about thin people and say "Well you couldn't tell a fat person that men don't find them attractive" because ultimately their body isn't seen as desirable and it would just be nasty to reinforce that. However much people may claim that they "love their curves" the majority would switch to the culturally desirable body in an instant if you could magically make it so.
So what you're saying is, you're not attractive, but I should open minded enough to find you attractive because you don't have an ass or massive tits.

Dude listen if you don't have massive tits that's fine, but if you have a flat ass as-well then I'll have to trade you in tbh. You got to have one or the other. I'm just being honest.

No one's saying you have to find skinny women attractive, but there's no need to insult them and call them boyish and "semen buckets". I don't find blondes attractive but you don't see me calling them viking bastards or anything!
Reply 87
Is the heat making people stupid or something? she said the only thing that classifies a woman as real is her uterus, which I responded to by saying that she's implying that all a woman is reduced to is reproductive capacities, hence the semen bucket.

:FYI: I'm good down there.

My mistake however that first comment of yours was not right. Many other men would argue that they would find slender women with small asserts attractive. If what you are saying was the case then all girls who have small asserts would have been single however this is not the case.
Don't listen to the fat ones
Reply 89
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
No one's saying you have to find skinny women attractive, but there's no need to insult them and call them boyish and "semen buckets". I don't find blondes attractive but you don't see me calling them viking bastards or anything!

Well what are their frames if not boyish?
Reply 90
I'm size 8-10, but I'm still curvy. I am only short (5ft) so I still have quite a full looking figure (in my opinion). I don't think any size makes you a 'false woman'. I think that any shape or size is real, and people often get hung up with what is the 'right' shape and size, which isn't necessary. I'm kind of an hourglass shape, and I don't think I'm that small really. I'm just right and I'm pretty comfortable with my size and shape.
Well what are their frames if not boyish?

Thin.. Slender. Even lanky is better!
All sizes are beautiful

Posted from TSR Mobile
A 'real woman' can be whatever size she wants, if you're comfortable in your own skin then what is the problem?
Skinny/fat bashing is just silly.
Reply 94
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Thin. Slender. Slim. Even lanky is better!

Tomato/potato, it's all in the same family, well one is a fruit. But you get my drift.

Eitherway this doesn't apply to you Tyrion because as voluptuous as your boobs are (see, better?? :rolleyes: ) ,you won't get my validation, because you're probably missing one key asset anyway.

Good day.
(edited 10 years ago)
Tomato/potato, it's all in the same family, well one is a fruit. But you get my drift.

Eitherway this doesn't apply to you Tyrion because as voluptuous as your boobs are (see, better?? :rolleyes: ) ,you won't get my validation, because you're probably missing one key asset anyway.

Good day.

Not really. It means the same thing but there are nicer ways of saying it.

No it doesn't apply to me, but that doesn't mean it's not offensive. I dislike people insulting each others body type. Also what the **** does that mean?
Tomato/potato, it's all in the same family, well one is a fruit. But you get my drift

It's really not the same though, one is offensive, the other isn't. (I actually disagree that boyish is an offensive way of wording it, but that was obviously the intent behind it)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 97
Original post by OneDayDoctor
but I see it all the time on facebook when people comment on images posted by fashion pages

There are your problems; you've wound up in bitch central, especially the latter part. Fashion is about commenting on their clothes, and thus inevitably their bodies. If you don't like it, then stay away.
Reply 98
Obviously, any woman who identifies as such is a "real woman". But I don't think being mean to skinny people is the same as being mean to fat people - society generally caters to skinny people more, and views fat people as lazy/greedy/overeaters etc. Some clothing brands actually don't make clothes for fat people above a certain size. So while bashing people for their size, and making them feel inferior for it, is wrong in every situation, skinny people have the upper hand in [Western] society generally, so they are marginally better off despite the weight comments.
Reply 99
The whole size thing is ridiculous, some people try and squeeze themselves into a size which is 2 sizes too small to claim to be that size and other wear larger clothes. A size 8 can be someone with a small frame who is curvy or someone who is thin with a larger frame. I've read quite a few threads where guys have said they wouldn't go for a girl under a 10 and some for a girl larger then a 10 and then I've seen some who won't go above 120lb which is stupid, everyone is a different size and shape and an individual some are curvy, some are thin just like some are tall and some are short. The whole perception of people saying a particular size or weight is wrong as there can be quite a bit of variety of shape within each size or weight.

Society is unfair no matter what size you are. I was tall and thin when I was younger and always got asked if I was anorexic and I remember one girl ignoring me and asking my friend if I was anorexic and if I fainted a lot because I don't eat. I stopped growing at 12 and grew boobs and people stopped with the skinny remarks, but I've been putting on weight recently and now been told I need to lose weight, although this is coming from my family which is even worse especially when I'm a size 10 and it's purely because I've hit 9 stone which is a perfectly normal weight for 5'4. The weirdest one is when one of my friends said I have a strange body because I go in at the waist and this is when I was a size 6-8, so no matter what size or shape you are people will always comment because they are insecure about themselves or just want to put you down.

Somehow everyone will just have to learn to love themselves because every woman is a real woman, it's stupid to think otherwise.

Sorry about the rant I've been reading a lot of these threads lately and they are really getting on my nerves.

Quick Reply

Latest