Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    So I'm on a gap year right now but I finished college last year with three A Levels: two Bs and a C. I've applied to do Creative Writing at LJMU. The UCAS requirement for this course is 260 points so, at 280 points, I've met those requirements. I applied before the deadline, did everything I had to do, and they did make me an offer, but it's a conditional one. I have no idea what it is conditional on, as I've already met the entry requirements and selected it as my firm decision.
    Now that September is getting nearer, I'm starting to worry that I haven't got a place. Can anyone explain what might be going on here? I'm probably stressing over nothing, but I'd really appreciate it if anyone could reassure me that I've not missed something out. Will my place be confirmed once results day is passed, even though I'm not waiting on any results?
    Thanks for any help you can give me!

ReputationRep:
    The only advice I can offer would be to call them. Don't email, that could take ages.

ReputationRep:
    Agreed, just give them a call, do that now! Lol, I started emailing my uni two weeks after getting my results. You need to give them a push sometimes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, guys! The help center is closed now but I'll give them a ring tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cennis)
    Thanks, guys! The help center is closed now but I'll give them a ring tomorrow. Fingers crossed.
    Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

ReputationRep:
    On UCAS track, when you click on the course code, what does it say? That's where they write down the conditions that are attached to your offer.

If you've met everything that it says there, then phone them up.

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

I gave them a call and they basically told me that I shouldn't worry, sometimes the unis just don't update the offers until after results day, and there's no reason my offer won't be confirmed since I've met all the requirements set out. I might still give LJMU a call directly, just to triple check and put my mind completely at ease.

Thanks for the help, guys!
    • Answer Heroes
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Answer Heroes
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by cennis)
    Hey!

I gave them a call and they basically told me that I shouldn't worry, sometimes the unis just don't update the offers until after results day, and there's no reason my offer won't be confirmed since I've met all the requirements set out. I might still give LJMU a call directly, just to triple check and put my mind completely at ease.

Thanks for the help, guys!
    have a look on Track as Origami Bullets says above.

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

Student on bed with laptop

All student accommodation articles

City guides and advice on finding the right place

Photo of apprentices

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A young woman talking to her mother

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.