Turn on thread page Beta

Which dress should I buy for my friend's wedding? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Which one would you pick?
    A
    34.78%
    B
    17.39%
    C
    13.04%
    D
    13.04%
    E
    21.74%

ReputationRep:
    Wedding of my very close friend, it's a lunch time wedding (morrocan and english, bride will be wearing traditional moroccan bridal outfit in blue)

Dress A:
    Name:  image1xl.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  16.6 KB
    Dress B:
    Name:  image4xl.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  20.5 KB
    Dress C:
    Name:  857-166-X52s.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  22.6 KB
    Dress D:
    Name:  f04qg357001whuge.jpg
Size:  21.7 KB
    Dress E:
    Name:  202233153_1.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  15.4 KB

Or do you suggest an alternative (I'm 21, petite but shall be wearing heels, preferably something drape-y and maxi length, if I REALLY like something, I'd be willing to pay up £350 as it'd be an investment and would wear to a lot more events coming up)

ReputationRep:
    I like dress A, it's quite unusual. And dress D is a beautiful colour! Will you be buying new accessories or are you looking for a dress to go with what you already have? Maybe that could be the deciding factor

ReputationRep:
    Dress A is too white for a wedding.

IMO - Maxi dresses at weddings are best worn by the older ladies and bridesmaids - its hot, its summer, why not wear something shorter?

ReputationRep:
    Out of the 5, I prefer dress A pretty dress! If I were to suggest a dress, what would the maximum amount you would be willing to pay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachel.h)
    I like dress A, it's quite unusual. And dress D is a beautiful colour! Will you be buying new accessories or are you looking for a dress to go with what you already have? Maybe that could be the deciding factor
    I have accessories already so I wont be spending money on that, black, gold or silver bags with matching heels and some jewellery of my mums lol.

ReputationRep:
    Dress A definitely. To me it doesn't look good wearing darker colours at a wedding. Men don't really have a choice, as black, in my opinion is one of the few colours that makes a suit smart.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by linkdapink)
    Dress A is too white for a wedding.

IMO - Maxi dresses at weddings are best worn by the older ladies and bridesmaids - its hot, its summer, why not wear something shorter?
    Bride is wearing blue, it's a tradition in her family.

Her sisters are the bridesmaids but us 5 best friends will be wearing long dresses, I'm so last minute and everyone else has bought or got their dresses made

ReputationRep:
    Hm, feel like a shorter dress (knee length) would be a better option especially for summer afternoon weddings. They're more youthful, fun and at the same time, less formal for such an occasion But out of all those, if I had to pick, I'd go with dress B. Not that appropriate to wear white so A is out and C was the next best alternative but the colour is a bit gloomy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sumsum123)
    Out of the 5, I prefer dress A pretty dress! If I were to suggest a dress, what would the maximum amount you would be willing to pay?
    Around £350, but that's if the dress was AMAZING and I was in love with it lol.

I'm surprised people have gone for A, I do like it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khodu)
    Bride is wearing blue, it's a tradition in her family.

Her sisters are the bridesmaids but us 5 best friends will be wearing long dresses, I'm so last minute and everyone else has bought or got their dresses made
    Aha... all makes sense now! I like them all then - what colour are your friends wearing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khodu)
    Wedding of my very close friend, it's a lunch time wedding (morrocan and english)

Dress A:
    Name:  image1xl.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  16.6 KB
    Dress B:
    Name:  image4xl.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  20.5 KB
    Dress C:
    Name:  857-166-X52s.jpg
Size:  22.6 KB
    Dress D:
    Name:  f04qg357001whuge.jpg
Size:  21.7 KB
    Dress E:
    Name:  202233153_1.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  15.4 KB

Or do you suggest an alternative (I'm 21, petite but shall be wearing heels, preferably something drape-y and maxi length, if I REALLY like something, I'd be willing to pay up £350 as it'd be an investment and would wear to a lot more events coming up)

edit: cant seem to be able to add a poll
    To add a poll, click on "thread tools" on the top right hand corner of your post and then choose "add poll for this thread"

I think it depends on your body shape, face, skin tone and age. For example, Dress E looks like it's for someone a little older, and Dress D looks like it would suit a busty person.

So, tell us about your body, bby :sexface:

Personally I like B and C

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by linkdapink)
    Aha... all makes sense now! I like them all then - what colour are your friends wearing?
    lol, I forgot white is the common colour in the UK! I'm bangladeshi and it's common to wear Red!

Two are wearing pastel colours cream and another mint, one is wearing plum-y purple and one is wearing an emerald green, so pretty different colours.

ReputationRep:
    B.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khodu)
    Around £350, but that's if the dress was AMAZING and I was in love with it lol.

I'm surprised people have gone for A, I do like it!
    :laugh: the dress would defo have to be amazing for 350! I have a suggestion (you might not like it for a wedding), you can do some fantastic eye make up to compliment the dress! http://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Wareh...efault,pd.html

Or use this site to browse through some more maxi dresses http://www.shopstyle.co.uk/browse/dr...s&sort=Popular

I prefer A compared to others as the others are quite dark eventhough I love dress D's colour.

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I think B is the nicest. Perhaps you could show your friend and see her preference though?

ReputationRep:
    Personally I like D and E. I'm not sure which out of the two I prefer, they are both gorgeous!

ReputationRep:
    I have dress A it's so flimsy and see through!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becky15)
    I have dress A it's so flimsy and see through!
    Oh that's worrying! I definitely do not want to wear something translucent.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I like A, it's a lovely colour for a wedding, so nice and tranquil especially if the bride isn't in a light colour herself

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone!

(Original post by Sazzle4)
    Personally, I think B is the nicest. Perhaps you could show your friend and see her preference though?
    She's been really busy lol, but you're right, i asked her she likes the last one the most as it looks the most extravagant, but she also likes the second one, I think I will go and buy both and then decide with the rest of the girls.

She didn't think the first one is a good idea as she wanted us all to wear different colours and one of my friends is already wearing cream, but there is an orange version of the dress, I'm not sure if orange is my colour lol

For Dress E, I think the model is slightly older, so she might be ageing the dress slightly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.