question: Watch

This discussion is closed.
mooseyfish
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
do you (all of you) think it would be worth applying to leeds university (for maths) when they want ABC (A Maths) and i have grades BCD (B Maths) taking into account that this course is available as an "extra" course and therefore still has places on it...also my D is in further maths, am not sure if this will help or not
Ladyluck
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mooseyfish)
do you (all of you) think it would be worth applying to leeds university (for maths) when they want ABC (A Maths) and i have grades BCD (B Maths) taking into account that this course is available as an "extra" course and therefore still has places on it...also my D is in further maths, am not sure if this will help or not
difficult...you are 3 grades down,, if it was one i would consider but perhaps its best not to get your hopes up. but on the plus side, they dont go on grades alone, f you have a brilliant PS and references they may be more lenient.
Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Oh...I pressed yes, but then remembered that you are only allowed ONE extra choice thus it would probably be a waste of it.

I would choose somewhere with lesser entry requirements.
LongGone
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Mark_KK)
Oh...I pressed yes, but then remembered that you are only allowed ONE extra choice thus it would probably be a waste of it.
I'm pretty sure that if you get rejected, then you can apply to another one, it's just that you can only apply for one at a time.
Emma18
Report 15 years ago
thats really tricky!!! why not ring or e-mail their admissions people for advice??? they might have a better idea!!!
*smile*
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Emma18)
thats really tricky!!! why not ring or e-mail their admissions people for advice??? they might have a better idea!!!
Good idea by ringing up the admissions ppl you have nothing to lose!
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.64%
Excited (155)
9.16%
Worried (304)
17.96%
Terrified (376)
22.21%
Meh (162)
9.57%
Confused (37)
2.19%