Turn on thread page Beta

Hairy legs on men.. hot or not? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Sure.

Yes I read those. But there is a lot of conflicting reports too. I couldn't find a comprehensive study with well substantiated results. It's just a lot of formulaic* speculation.

And anyway as it says: for major meets. So people that claim they are shaving their legs day in day out for swimming have no excuse :p:

*want to say 'of or relating to mathematical formulas'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluent ιn Lιes)
    So people that claim they are shaving their legs day in day out for swimming have no excuse :p:
    :p: i agree

ReputationRep:
    A little hair dosn't bother me, but when you could weave a rug with it then we have a problem... as for the swimming thing it dose matter a lot. I would date a guy who had shaved legs with out a second thought.

ReputationRep:
    hairy legs are not attractive ever. shorts should only be for the beach. sometimes you have to suffer for fashion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Axon)
    it doesnt look good really, if its too hairy. i.e. me

I'm tis close to shaving it: "-".
    haha just do it! there's no harm in trying it, then you can make your mind up as to whether you want to continue or not. i personally prefer to shave because a) it's friggin' hot and humid in brunei, b) it keeps my shinpads from stinking, c) it's kinda comfy, lol the feeling you get after you've just shaved your legs and you get under a duvet is kinda nice and d) i don't really like hair anyways. each to their own though! but there's no harm in trying, it's also clean too! just look out for ingrown hairs and all that

ingrown hairs = not nice

ReputationRep:
    I think it is very gay to shave ones legs (referring to males )...hence I don't.

ReputationRep:
    I'd never actually wax or whatever my legs.
    When it comes to hair, [wherever that is] I prefer trimming
    And yes, hair is a sign of a real man.

ReputationRep:
    so this guy is the man amongst all men?

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a349/nafi7/040818.jpg

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    He was proably a bit late to understand Darwins theory of evolution...

ReputationRep:
    I love hairy legs on men but not to the extent of that picture above

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peachy_Keen_Jennibean)
    I love hairy legs on men but not to the extent of that picture above
    hahaha i was just making my point that hair doesn't mean you're more of a man:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nafi167)
    hahaha i was just making my point that hair doesn't mean you're more of a man:p:
    But it kinda does!

Your pic above is just too random and rare.

ReputationRep:
    I've never met a man that hasn't got any hair on their legs. The issue is how dark it is. For example, I've got quite fair hair on my legs and so doesn't look too thick. On the other hand my brother has very dark hair and looks like he has more, as the colour creates an illusion of density. Anycase, I'd be rather worried if one of my mates didn't have any hair on their legs. Maybe it's just a northern thing but I'd probably question their sexuality and even their sex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluent ιn Lιes)
    That's bollox though. I doubt it would make 1/1000th of a second difference, which unless you are competing in the olympics is hardly going to matter. Besides then you'd go for the full body shark skin suits anyway.
    Trust me.. I am a female swimmer and it makes a hell of a difference for men to shave down before competitions!

ReputationRep:
    Personally i like my men to be men, so leg hair is good - don't think i've ever even heard of guys shaving before (well except swimmers).

I also have a bit of a thing for chest hair! Not a full blown rug, but there needs to be some hair there. Yum yum. Not into beards though... hmz mebbe i'm just too fussy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minnale)
    But it kinda does!

Your pic above is just too random and rare.
    eh sorry i didn't put it across correctly. i meant it more along the lines of hair removal, but in any case...are you going to define a man by the amount of hair he has? the testosterone can be concentrated elsewhere!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nafi167)
    are you going to define a man by the amount of hair he has? the testosterone can be concentrated elsewhere!
    lol true

ReputationRep:
    Personally I don't find it hot. But shaved would be even weirder. It's okay if you can still see the leg ie. not covered in fuzz Some guys have really obvious hair on their arms and that really puts me off.

ReputationRep:
    shaved legs reduces expense for swimmers as you don't need to invest in a shark suit - very expensive - however as it happens i do neither and im still good - lots of practice is really more important than shaving

ReputationRep:
    Hairy legs are hot. Men should have hairy legs. I'd be pretty freaked out if my boyf shaved his legs. Howev hairy back etc is not hot, also too much chest hair isn't attractive, but legs - most def.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.