BTEC Health and Social Care for Psychology Degree

Watch
red_cat
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm very interested in having a career in the field of psychology. I've just finished my GCSEs and I'm about to choose whether to go to Sixth Form to study A Levels, or go to college to study a Level 3 Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care. I've had poor health for a while and missed a lot of school but I've still managed to keep my grades in the A/A* range in terms of my GCSEs. So I am hard working and determined but I think A Levels could potentially be a problem if I miss more school and that's why in my heart I want to study the BTEC as it's all coursework. On the other hand I don't want to hinder my application to uni by taking a subject that the higher end unis don't accept. I have seen multiple Russel Group Universities such as Liverpool and Cardiff that accept BTECs for their Psychology degrees, yet they don't state which BTECs they accept. My question is:

Did anyone else take the BTEC Level 3 in Health and Social Care and still progress to study Psychology at Uni?
awixey1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by red_cat)
I'm very interested in having a career in the field of psychology. I've just finished my GCSEs and I'm about to choose whether to go to Sixth Form to study A Levels, or go to college to study a Level 3 Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care. I've had poor health for a while and missed a lot of school but I've still managed to keep my grades in the A/A* range in terms of my GCSEs. So I am hard working and determined but I think A Levels could potentially be a problem if I miss more school and that's why in my heart I want to study the BTEC as it's all coursework. On the other hand I don't want to hinder my application to uni by taking a subject that the higher end unis don't accept. I have seen multiple Russel Group Universities such as Liverpool and Cardiff that accept BTECs for their Psychology degrees, yet they don't state which BTECs they accept. My question is:

Did anyone else take the BTEC Level 3 in Health and Social Care and still progress to study Psychology at Uni?
Hey, I took BTEC level 3 extended diploma in health & social care, you can go on to study psychology at university, bearing in mind btecs are very time consuming more than a levels, I've done both

Posted from TSR Mobile
mariya101
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I take Psychology and BTEC health and social care level 3, I can say from my own experience health and social care is hard work as you have alot of coursework to do which is really time consuming. If you want to go into Psychology I recommend you take Psychology at A-level as it will give you an idea of what to expect at degree level, also most of the students that take health and social care usually want to progress onto nursing or midwifery. Also some higher end uni's do require Psychology at A-level from what I know..check some university websites and look at their entry requirements.
red_cat
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by awixey1)
Hey, I took BTEC level 3 extended diploma in health & social care, you can go on to study psychology at university, bearing in mind btecs are very time consuming more than a levels, I've done both

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh okay. That's good to know! What uni did you go to?
awixey1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by red_cat)
Oh okay. That's good to know! What uni did you go to?
Starting Chester University in September, plus with BTECs you find out earlier if your in as they send off the results mid July I found out last Friday!
Mandygarber
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Did you go to uni my daughter is doing BTEC level 3 Health and Social Care , she got level 4 in maths and level 6s in both English and English lit but did not get enough grades to do A levels so is doing a BTEC . She would love to go to uni and do psychology .Is this posible .
Keri00Summers
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi, I have a question
If I am doing BTEC: Health & Social Care after GCSE's and then I want to do Psychology for Uni.... Is that possible??? It's because i can't get a grade 5 in English Language so i can't do A Levels.
Does that mean I can do Psychology for Uni or no???
Lemonpips
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Could you advise on which Uni you went to pls as we are struggling to find one that accepts Level 3 Health and Social care?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (133)
30.16%
No (308)
69.84%

Watched Threads