Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    too much racism why do people hate dark guys, thats what i dont get it ,whats so good about being white same happened to me as another guy in here but i dont feel sorry for myself i feel sorry for the people who come up with such comments iam proud of my heritage and what iam i think those guys must be having some sort of an insecurity or maybe they think indians r better than them thats why theyre jealous of us.But anyways people hate on those who they fear so well i think people do fear indians in a way........

ReputationRep:
    Racism occurs because of the colonies established by europeans. There are no colonies now but some people still can't get over the fact that they used to rule over them (hence they consider themselves as superior)

ReputationRep:
    it's got to do a lot with education, I guess. These people have no cultural awareness and don't even want to understand different cultures. Racists will always exist, there is no doubt about that. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do against them. They don't want to change because all they see are the stereotypes.

What Nuheen said is one of the main reasons. They feel superior. But racism occurs everywhere. Racism targets different groups of people in different parts of the world...

ReputationRep:
    Because people are ignorant and can't take responsibility for their own failings? It's easier to blame 'foreigners' stealing your job than to admit you're too stupid to get one.

Racism will never totally go away, I think it's a fairly natural reaction to things you don't understand. Maybe when there's no war and every person on the planet has a top class education and is prospering financially then maybe it'd go away- even then there'd be people better off than you so it wouldn't really work.

Communism is clearly the way forward- everyone would be equal so there'd be no reason to hate each other.

ReputationRep:
    Communism will never work....it can not be implemented in the real world..

ReputationRep:
    There are 3 reasons, either a genuine grudge against that race, oftne due to ignorance on the part of the racist. Or the racist is trying to makehimself feel big by makeing osme else feel small. The other reason is just do it infront of your mates for a laugh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puppy)
    Because people are ignorant and can't take responsibility for their own failings? It's easier to blame 'foreigners' stealing your job than to admit you're too stupid to get one.

Racism will never totally go away, I think it's a fairly natural reaction to things you don't understand. Maybe when there's no war and every person on the planet has a top class education and is prospering financially then maybe it'd go away- even then there'd be people better off than you so it wouldn't really work.

Communism is clearly the way forward- everyone would be equal so there'd be no reason to hate each other.
    But then we'd have to assume that the leading Nazis were badly educated; that everyone in the deep South (of the U.S.) was badly educated; that the South African elite (during Apartheid) was badly educated.

This was clearly not the case.
    Racism is not, and never has been, the preserve of the 'badly educated'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuheen)
    Racism occurs because of the colonies established by europeans. There are no colonies now but some people still can't get over the fact that they used to rule over them (hence they consider themselves as superior)
    Wrong. You're assuming that only white people are racist which, I'm sorry to break it to you, is untrue.

However, perhaps colonialism contributes to racism both ways. Look at Mugabe, for example - always going on about 'the unrepentant whites' owning all the land, even after he's taken it all and screwed everything up.

ReputationRep:
    its the belief that people of different races have different qualities and abilities, and that some races are inherently superior or inferior.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BellaCat)
    But then we'd have to assume that the leading Nazis were badly educated; that everyone in the deep South (of the U.S.) was badly educated; that the South African elite (during Apartheid) was badly educated.

This was clearly not the case.
    Racism is not, and never has been, the preserve of the 'badly educated'.
    ok. They were solely educated the wrong way and believe in the wrong ideologies. Sometimes their are intelligent men at the head of states that promote racism, but the people who really believe those paroles are the less educated.

In Africa during Apartheid their was a slightly different situation. It was more xenophobia than racism. What comes out at the end is the same though.

ReputationRep:
    Whites and americans do it mostly. A lot of Black people or Asians work in these developed countries (i.e. european countries and USA) and they face it a lot. In comparison very few whites work in underdeveloped countries and so they rarely face racism.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but its not only foreign people who face racism. White people face racist attacks in Britain from Asian/black youths. Again, it works both ways.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flux)
    It's nature, the saying "Birds of a feather flock together" applies as much to humans as it does to birds. There have been studies which show that babies show a preferance for other babies of the same race and are less inclined to play with those of other races. This is because babies haven't yet gone through the liberal social engineering program that we all suffer at school.

Oh and racist does not necessarily mean that someone believes they are better than somebody else, just that they are different and would like to keep those differences. After all, wouldn't the world be boring if we all looked/though the same the world over.
    RUBBISH.

ReputationRep:
    Flux:

Your display pic says it all.

EDIT: So does your profile. Jesus Christ, BNP... Bloody Nice People, what!

ReputationRep:
    Why is racism always assumed to be attacks against dark skinned people?
    I've been harrassed in a racist manner several times, I'm white, when I tell people I get laughed at and disbelieved? There seems to be all this "black pride" stuff rolling around in Milton Keynes and I find that just as bad as white people being racist. It's like they are cutting themselves off from everyone else because to be liked by them you have to be black?
    I know this isn't true of all cases and I am not a racist person but it does annoy me no end, it's incredibly intimidating.

ReputationRep:
    Flux

I think that's XENOPHOBIA, not RACISM.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, like the others said, this thing can go both ways. However, that’s not exactly a solution.

And whoever said babies prefer the same skin has never been around babies and young children. If you’ve ever been to a hospital in the children’s ward, you’ll see children of all colours playing together. If small children only preferred those who look like their parents, then a divide at primary school would be obvious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by perpetual123)
    too much racism why do people hate dark guys, thats what i dont get it ,whats so good about being white same happened to me as another guy in here but i dont feel sorry for myself i feel sorry for the people who come up with such comments iam proud of my heritage and what iam i think those guys must be having some sort of an insecurity or maybe they think indians r better than them thats why theyre jealous of us.But anyways people hate on those who they fear so well i think people do fear indians in a way........
    Is racism only possible toward non-white groups?

Having been at the receiving end of quite a few anti-white racist comments let me assure that is not the case at all.

(Original post by Peachy_Keen_Jennibean)
    Why is racism always assumed to be attacks against dark skinned people?
    I've been harrassed in a racist manner several times, I'm white, when I tell people I get laughed at and disbelieved? There seems to be all this "black pride" stuff rolling around in Milton Keynes and I find that just as bad as white people being racist. It's like they are cutting themselves off from everyone else because to be liked by them you have to be black?
    I know this isn't true of all cases and I am not a racist person but it does annoy me no end, it's incredibly intimidating.
    Yes I agree with that exactly.

(Original post by austrian guy)
    ok. They were solely educated the wrong way and believe in the wrong ideologies. Sometimes their are intelligent men at the head of states that promote racism, but the people who really believe those paroles are the less educated.
    The vast majority of the nazis' supporters were the middle classes.

(Original post by puppy)
    Also it all boils down to class not race. Who can blame people who come here looking for work (except the daily mail)? However, these people should be paid the same wages as the people already here. Of course some Brits are going to loose their jobs because of immigrants but this is due to the business owners (the bourgeois) taking advantage and paying immigrant labour less in their own pursuit of profits.

(Original post by puppy)
    Absolutely. :beer:

ReputationRep:
    Communism won't make everyone equal, even if it was implemented to perfection (which is impossible). They will have same living standards but thats it. Peope don't only hate each other because of difference in living standards.

ReputationRep:
    But then we'd have to assume that the leading Nazis were badly educated;
    The leading Nazis appear to have been more interested in power than true feelings of racism. Hitler exploited people's desire for a scapegoat and ignorant stereotypes of Jews and other minorities - thus playing on their lack of knowledge and elevating imself to Fuhrer. Also, Hitler himself as not particularly well educated.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.