The Student Room Group

How often do you argue with your boyfriend/girlfriend?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Our last huge argument was on the 50p rate, apart from that, we had never argued over politics. Probably loads of minor arguments, but then I think that is normal in a long term relationship. I like the making up part too....
OK, every couple argues! I think it's best that if you have a problem you get it out in the open rather than bottling it up and ending up resenting the other person. Plus, lots of people also go through rough patches where arguments seem to happen pretty easily and other nothing really. I think it depends what type of person you are, how passionate you are (passionate and intense relationships seem to have more fights in my experience) and what type of relationship you have. I'm a pretty laid-back person so I do let a lot of things go, but some things annoy me so much that I refuse to let them go otherwise they eat up at me and I explode at a later point at something so stupid and my ex would look at me like I was mad! (Which I probably am!) I think we argued about as much as a normal couple would but I find it impossible to hold a grudge and end up forgiving or saying I'm sorry (even when it's not my fault) within about half an hour or less. I hate being like that, I even want to stop the fight and make up when I'm fighting with someone! Don't worry about it. Is one of you stressed about something? Or maybe something's bugging one of you at work/college or whatever and your taking your frustration out on the other. Anyway, don't worry about it, I'm sure it will resolve itself.
Reply 22
Yeah, We disagree about things, but I wouldn't really call them arguments. I'm quite lax with my texting back, and forget to tell her if I can't make a Skype, bit of a long distance problem this summer... but that's entirely my fault, but she realises that we both have to spend time with friends and family that it's hard to be committal to a Skype date if you're out with family.

I guess we both have things that irk each other, but that's part of being in a relationship.

When we're together at uni, we very rarely disagree - both pretty laid-back.
You're doing well if you've been together and your arguments are only really starting now.
I've been with my girlfriend for nearly five months and for the past month, we've been arguing close to everyday. Sometimes it can be about serious things like one of us has forgot something or something along them lines or they can be really silly little petty things like about where somethings been moved, or texting someone while we are together etc.
If really threw me off when it started to happen and we ended up breaking up for a day or two, but we came back together and agreed that relationships aren't always going to be perfect, if they ever are, and that arguments make up what a good relationship is, You have to go through the good and the bad and you fight and work hard etc.
Hope it all turns out okay!
I would say that it is normal to have arguments in friendships, no matter whether girl- or boyfriends. Especially if I consider that friends can be very different to each other. But in my cases, friendships are over when I have arguments. I guess that I rub by friends up the wrong way and that is a fact which cannot be accepted by no one. That's why I think that it depends on the magnitude of argument, if a friendship is quit or still a part of your life.
Very rarely, usually if one of us is in a bad mood or stressed about something then that may start something off. They're not proper arguments though more like disagreements.
Since currently we live together in a very small studio, we argue quite a bit about petty stuff. Also I have a bit of a temperament.

But usually, we don't really argue, and only ever for big things.
Reply 27
We argue every day now. He just can't seem to keep his word about ANYTHING. It's really putting me off tbh. Maybe it's the long distance idk.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending