Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    guys why dont men wear make up i tried a facial once with some foundation i looked good so well i think men should wear make up its not a gay thing or whatever all men wanna look good dont we what do u all think about this?????

ReputationRep:
    Some male models, emo and "goth" guys wear make-up.

ReputationRep:
    why should men wear make up? I'm a girl and I rarely wear make up.

ReputationRep:
    Because wearing make-up is associated with women. It is something very feminin. Some men wear make-up. Normally it doesn't make them any nicer...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by austrian guy)
    Because wearing make-up is associated with women. It is something very feminin. Some men wear make-up. Normally it doesn't make them any nicer...
    haha i liked that last bit :p: but i think make-up 'softens' your look, and guys want to look 'hard'? haha i dunno. most actors/models etc have tons of make-up for movie/photo shoots and whatnot...or when anyone goes on tv.

ReputationRep:
    As austrian guy said, makeup is viewed as a very feminine, girly thing which no 'manly' guy is going to touch with a ten foot barge pole. Mind you, metrosexuality is on the rise, and they're not afraid of using makeup.

ReputationRep:
    My emo/goth bf wears eyeliner sometimes and fruit flavoured lip balm - I like it!

ReputationRep:
    Because make up is for girls! Duh:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Because women are inherently ugly and therefore have to embrace the masquerade?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dantanion)
    Because make up is for girls! Duh:confused:
    I think the question is why.

ReputationRep:
    Why: because women wear make-up. Men do not. People can't be arsed to question everything all the time. Just leave as is and except it. It really isn't a big deal...

ReputationRep:
    Because only a small percentage of men can pull it off:

Example 1.

Example 2.

ReputationRep:
    Normal makeup on men, non-goth style, can look nice as long as theres not too much of it. You have to be careful that you don't end up looking like a drag queen. Sometimes I wear a bit [and I mean a bit] of foundation [a colour that suits my skin tone] and it suits me. You could only really tell I was wearing makeup if you looked closely, it's not that obvious. I don't wear eye makeup or anything on my lips apart from vaseline or lip balm.

ReputationRep:
    Makeup is associated with women and it really does not matter why, its just like why dont guys wear skirts, its all about what is socialy acepeted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by perpetual123)
    guys why dont men wear make up i tried a facial once with some foundation i looked good so well i think men should wear make up its not a gay thing or whatever all men wanna look good dont we what do u all think about this?????
    Because we have a penis.

Just joking. I think men do not wear make up simply because its socially not normal. Western culture, since the Greeks have not been really supportive of the men wearing make up idea.

In my view, if a guy wants to wear make up then he should. In fact, I would love to live in a world where socially constructed views on masculinity and femininity do not exist, and everyone is free to do as they wish.

ReputationRep:
    Its because make up is usally used to strengthen feminine looks. e.g lipstick, mascara. If you can use make up to fortify what is commonly seen as a manly look (i dont really know what), its probably fine. Its just goth and emo guys use make up to look more feminine, thats why most people see it as pretty stupid (because theyre not).

edit: stuff like foundation is different, its used to cover up blemishes and stuff, so its not really the same

ReputationRep:
    Its such a shame they don't men in makeup are hot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1984198419841984)
    I would love to live in a world where socially constructed views on masculinity and femininity do not exist, and everyone is free to do as they wish.
    PLEASE tell me you are jokeing!

ReputationRep:
    Smh. Hoom.

ReputationRep:
    The hottest man in makeup ever

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.