The Student Room Group

Confused about STEP

Hi :smile:

For all uni offers involving STEP, they don't specify which of STEP I, STEP II or STEP III they mean. can somebody explain?

Thank you! :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Titus20

For all uni offers involving STEP, they don't specify which of STEP I, STEP II or STEP III they mean. can somebody explain?

It is variable

I suggest that you ask on the maths forum, probably on the STEP thread :smile:
Reply 2
Which uni and what was the exact wording of their offer?

Cambridge will always want II and III, Imperial sometimes II or III, other unis say any STEP paper (e.g. Warwick).

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Titus20

OK so generally for Cambridge:
If you do FM it will ALWAYS be II and III. If not then I and II.
Warwick was any of the three this year.
From what I can tell Imperial ask for III if you do FM, II if not.
Bath/Bristol/UCL were any of three.
Reply 4
Original post by Zhy
Which uni and what was the exact wording of their offer?

Cambridge will always want II and III, Imperial sometimes II or III, other unis say any STEP paper (e.g. Warwick).

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I'm not looking at Cambridge but I'm looking at Imperial and Warwick. So even though STEP I being significantly easier than STEP III, Warwick wouldn't mind which you sat?
Original post by Titus20
I'm not looking at Cambridge but I'm looking at Imperial and Warwick. So even though STEP I being significantly easier than STEP III, Warwick wouldn't mind which you sat?

STEP I isn't always easier. In general it is though this is often due to the range of the spec being smaller. As such it's marked with much higher grade boundaries. You also seem to get those people who oddly find STEP I hardest. Having done all 3 this year I have to say for ME II was the most annoying.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending