The Student Room Group

re-application after gap year

Hi I finished A levels 2012, i didn't achieve my grades to get my uni place so I decided to work for a year and get some work experience and reapply to a different course instead of clearing. I checked on UCAS and it said if you didn't get a place SFE would automatically know. Instead in Nov. I got a letter as if I was already going to my last years first choice uni and that I needed to ring them if that wasn't correct. I did ring and they said they would delete my old account and then I would have to reapply. Well this went on for several months, in the meantime my account got blocked and sent to special investigations for my which needed proof for my residency (this happened to my brother as well but was no problem to just show that we have been living in the UK for longer than the last 3 years --i have a EU passport and a home office permanent residence letter). Every time they said give it 2 weeks and it will be deleted. Well it never did, finally about 1 month ago, the person said to send in the residency info via email (scanned all the documents) and it will get unblocked, so I did this, then 2 weeks later it is still blocked. I rang again, and this time the person said to re fill out the whole application as a 'change of circumstances'--I have now done this and will post it tomorrow. My question(s) are 1. Do you think this will now sort the problem? if not what should I do? and 2. Uni is coming up and I am worried I will not have my finance in place, especially as now I am past the May 31 deadline--do you think I will have the finance in place in time? and finally 3. Am I going to have trouble in the future if SFE seems to think that I went to Uni last year that I will owe them that money? (I did not receive any maintenance but how can i be sure that the Uni didn't receive money and that I am expected to pay it back?)
sorry this is long but its been a very frustrating 8 months.
thanks T.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending