Turn on thread page Beta

Friend obsessed with TSR watch

(Original post by Ads.)
    Wahay, relax. I'm sure FLuent in Lies can handle the joke. He seems the amusing type.
    I am relaxed, I was offended on behalf of FiL, no doubt he hasn't seen it lol. He's ok i guess... he'll see this lol

ReputationRep:
    I'm not this friend. btw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wanderlust)
    I'm not this friend. btw.
    Oh you are, really, Wanderlust. Don't you know it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ads.)
    Wahay, relax. I'm sure FLuent in Lies can handle the joke. He seems the amusing type.
    I'll race you to 10,000!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Fluent ιn Lιes)
    I'll race you to 10,000!
    I win!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluent ιn Lιes)
    I'll race you to 10,000!
    Damn, you have a headstart by around 6000 posts. Balls.

Actually, wait. I'm not getting into this sort of tomfoolery. I wish to continue to understand the difference between TSR and reality. It's an important concept.

ReputationRep:
    Theres a difference?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wanderlust)
    Theres a difference?
    Don't listen to him it's not true :p:

ReputationRep:
    He should meet me... almost 8000 posts in 6 months :eek: :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brimstone)
    He should meet me... almost 8000 posts in 6 months :eek: :p:
    :eek: Where do you find the time?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elements)
    :eek: Where do you find the time?!
    Er... revision time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brimstone)
    Er... revision time
    Oh...revision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elements)
    Oh...revision.
    Hehe... nah I dunno where it comes from. I do revise (sometimes!) but I ... I just don't know :s:

ReputationRep:
    To the OP: When your friend ceases to become a newbie he should stop posting one worders etc. It does sound as if he has a "slight" obsession. Make sure that your friendship etc is striving in real life and hopefully he will discover a balance and his infatuation will die down a bit. Some ppl on here are a little further gone with huge post counts but there are some really decent ppl on here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ads.)
    I have a friend. He uses TSR. I think he is become obsessed and addicted to it.

Every night on MSN he starts the convo with phrases like, "my post count is nearly as large as yours", or "you're gonna get bad rep for that comment." This is becoming a severe problem. His posts now are no longer to find/provide useful information, merely to boost his post count and possibly the number of green gems. Some of his posts are so uninformative they are only one word long.

What can be done to curb this problem? I do not wish it to escalate any further.

Perhaps the mods could ban the person in question for a week or so, may allow him to clear his head.
    It's quite an exciting site if you are new. I'm sure it will wear off with time. I imagine it could get repetitive after a while. Besides, there's nothing wrong with it if he finds it enjoyable. Maybe doing it purely for posts is a bit weird. But 200 really isn't that much!

ReputationRep:
    Warning:
    TSR Newbie - liable to ask stupid questions and put his foot in it at every opportunity.
    Dirac1984, I don't think you need to put that there, from your post it doesn't look like you're that stupid

To the OP: Although I have a new-looking post count, I have been here for a while. I can empaphise with your friend, I went a bit too far over Xmas and had to ban myself for a few weeks. How do people find the time to post like 30 posts a day though? (On people's profiles it says how many posts per day they make on average)

He'll get over it. Give it a while.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_man_1066)
    Dirac1984, I don't think you need to put that there, from your post it doesn't look like you're that stupid

To the OP: Although I have a new-looking post count, I have been here for a while. I can empaphise with your friend, I went a bit too far over Xmas and had to ban myself for a few weeks. How do people find the time to post like 30 posts a day though? (On people's profiles it says how many posts per day they make on average)

He'll get over it. Give it a while.
    Well to be honest it's not meant to be 100% serious. Just me messing about :p:. Always good to be able to make fun of yourself I reckon

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.