Motorbike Society- IV

Watch
Boristhethird
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Juno)
Why don't you get a hornet then?! You'll probably even find one on your drive!

Posted from TSR Mobile
if i sold phyllis its one of the bike id want

(Original post by 345rty)
And thats confirmation through that the police are closing the case.

A hornet is fun I hear, might look at those...
that sucks.

on the plus side, hornets are great fun

(Original post by Bathwiggle)
Nope, this weekend im in xford watching bit on the side get 3ft of hair cut off for charity

oli hasn't told me if he is coming or not yet. last i heard he'd let me know.

That was why i've ended up in a bad area, but i do have a garage, that said the garage got broken in to but they only took the two rock hoppers not the motorbikes. I couldn't risk 2/3 bikes outside the front of a house, it'd be too much temptation
so are we in wales at the same time? :teeth:
Eah0691
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi all
Im not a biker but I have this one bizarre question and you may think im daft but im not sure how everythin works... lol
How does the licence scheme work for a bike??

A friend of mine had a really nice honda 250 and used to take me everywhere on it he got stopped by the police and had it impounded on the basis that his licence expired.... he hasnt got a full licence however he said that he had a full bike licence and that it 'ran out'.... I know that you have to do a cbt when you have a bike and with the L plates you are not allowed a passenger on the back so has he got confused or is there such thing as a full bike licence like the equivalence of full car licence and that the bike licence simply 'ran out'?!?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Boristhethird
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Eah0691)
Hi all
Im not a biker but I have this one bizarre question and you may think im daft but im not sure how everythin works... lol
How does the licence scheme work for a bike??

A friend of mine had a really nice honda 250 and used to take me everywhere on it he got stopped by the police and had it impounded on the basis that his licence expired.... he hasnt got a full licence however he said that he had a full bike licence and that it 'ran out'.... I know that you have to do a cbt when you have a bike and with the L plates you are not allowed a passenger on the back so has he got confused or is there such thing as a full bike licence like the equivalence of full car licence and that the bike licence simply 'ran out'?!?

Posted from TSR Mobile
the full licences only expire after 10 years (same as a car) when you just need a new photo.

once you have passed your bike test, you have the licence for life, sounds to me like he was riding it on just a CBT.
F4LL3N
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Boristhethird)
the full licences only expire after 10 years (same as a car) when you just need a new photo.

once you have passed your bike test, you have the licence for life, sounds to me like he was riding it on just a CBT.
Yeah sounds the same to me. There is a full bike test just like a full car test. You can only ride 125cc on a cbt, cannot take passengers and are not allowed on motorways. A cbt will expire after 2 years if a full test isn't done by then.
Eah0691
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hhhmmm interestin.... oh dear lol thanks guys :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bathwiggle
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Who needs to go to the gym, just push your bike 500m up hill!
Motorbiker
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Who needs to go to the gym, just push your bike 500m up hill!
Have pushed bike 1km uphill before after going to the gym that day. Was dead.
Boristhethird
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm taking an MT-09 and MT-07 on a test ride on tuesday!

anyone want to come and keep me company (in Hemel Hempstead)
Bathwiggle
Rep:
?
(Original post by Boristhethird)
I'm taking an MT-09 and MT-07 on a test ride on tuesday!

anyone want to come and keep me company (in Hemel Hempstead)
I would, but i'm at work, and just realised teh sv has no mot and the front brake doesn't seem to make the light work...
Boristhethird
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I would, but i'm at work, and just realised teh sv has no mot and the front brake doesn't seem to make the light work...
bah, excuses excuses! :tongue:

its going to be a good week for me, MT-07, MT-09, street triple R and another triumph (possible daytona) in one week :biggrin:
gbduo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
They found my bike!!!! Sophie is sort of OK. She needs a lock set (they broke the ignition barrel, fuel filler cap) and a new front wheel plus a few cosmetic things but overall, she is in good shape!

Happy days!!!
Bathwiggle
Rep:
?
(Original post by gbduo)
They found my bike!!!! Sophie is sort of OK. She needs a lock set (they broke the ignition barrel, fuel filler cap) and a new front wheel plus a few cosmetic things but overall, she is in good shape!

Happy days!!!
So pleased for you any way of installing a ground anchor where you are? or you getting a garage
Motorbiker
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by gbduo)

Happy days!!!

Awesome! How did they find her? Datatag? Tracker?

That's awesome! :woo:

Now we just need 345rty to get his back as well .
Boristhethird
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by gbduo)

Happy days!!!
:woo:

has she got an immobiliser?
F4LL3N
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Great news! My CBR was found once but was too bad to repair. I'm glad that hasn't happened to you.

Boris - I might be about Tuesday?
ElliJ28
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi all
Its a sad day I have just MOT'ed the bike (Yamaha YBR 125), which I have had for about 4 years now and now I have to sell her. :'(
The reason I'm selling is because I'm moving to the other side of the country and the winters are too cold on my hands. No heated grips as the battery is way too small. She passed the MOT with flying colours though
But I WILL return to biking and get my full license at some point in the future. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Motorbiker
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ElliJ28)
Hi all
Its a sad day I have just MOT'ed the bike (Yamaha YBR 125), which I have had for about 4 years now and now I have to sell her. :'(
The reason I'm selling is because I'm moving to the other side of the country and the winters are too cold on my hands. No heated grips as the battery is way too small. She passed the MOT with flying colours though
But I WILL return to biking and get my full license at some point in the future. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
:console:

Your subtle bike advertising at the same time is subtle.

Whereabouts are you moving from/to?
Heated grips are lovely but mine broke a year ago.

You riding on a CBT atm or just done your test on a small bike?
LandyJon
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Been home for a week now. It's weird and a bit strange becoming accustomed again to the way of life in the west country. However, I put an application in for a job on Tuesday and I've got myself a trial this evening.

Biggest news though is that with the money from my Swiss job, I've been able to pay off the rest of my finance that I once had on my Triumph. Big weight off my shoulders and no longer a waste of money. That said, there's a cracking 0% deal on the new Kawasaki ZX6R at the moment. Not that I'd do it; I'd get in the neck from Leah big time!

Ah well, the weather's been decent and my Honda's been missed greatly. 3 months away from a motorcycle makes a man mad, I tell you that! First ride out was ruined by rain but the second was sublime. Made me glad that I'm on two wheels instead of four.

Hope you're all well
ElliJ28
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Motorbiker)
:console:

Your subtle bike advertising at the same time is subtle.

Whereabouts are you moving from/to?
Heated grips are lovely but mine broke a year ago.

You riding on a CBT atm or just done your test on a small bike?
LOL
I'm moving from Cornwall to Cumbria.
I'm only on CBT due to money; it costs a lot to do DAS these days but at some point in the future I WILL do it. It does hurt to have to sell the bike :'( (no advertising intended)
Bathwiggle
Rep:
?
(Original post by ElliJ28)
Hi all
http://www.keisapparel.co.uk/?produc...s-new-for-2011 is actually what you need and battery, not to sell the bike!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (107)
13.53%
I'm not sure (36)
4.55%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (242)
30.59%
I have already dropped out (19)
2.4%
I'm not a current university student (387)
48.93%

Watched Threads