Watch
Imperial_Maniac
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Juno)
I take it all back. You should become good friends with Boris :yep:

Then when you have the ninja he can steal it for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hahahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Imperial_Maniac
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1388885744.085121.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  82.1 KB

Poor SV

Posted from TSR Mobile
Boristhethird
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Imperial_Maniac)
Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1388885744.085121.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  82.1 KB

Poor SV

Posted from TSR Mobile
whats up?

theres a guy on LB breaking an SV at the moment
Kaeleer
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
My boyfriend is obssesed with motorbikes; I think it's actually the only thing he is interested in. Therefore for his 18th birthday I've decided to get him so new motorbiking gloves. But... I'm not really sure what I'm suppose to look for. My budget is up to £80.

Preferebly suitable all year round and waterproof, as it often rains here, and he moans all the time that his hands all absolutely freezing.

I looked around the internet and found these:
http://www.getgeared.co.uk/HELD_2041...6&category=148

What do you guys think?
Boristhethird
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Kaeleer)
My boyfriend is obssesed with motorbikes; I think it's actually the only thing he is interested in. Therefore for his 18th birthday I've decided to get him so new motorbiking gloves. But... I'm not really sure what I'm suppose to look for. My budget is up to £80.

Preferebly suitable all year round and waterproof, as it often rains here, and he moans all the time that his hands all absolutely freezing.

I looked around the internet and found these:
http://www.getgeared.co.uk/HELD_2041...6&category=148

What do you guys think?
:eek: gore tex gloves for £80!
i might get some :beard:

held are a well known brand, so there not going to be bad, though ive got two comments on them:
- some people prefer hard knuckles, so it depends on what he has already and if they do (i only have hard knuckle gloves, whereas Juno's are not)
- fitting is important with bike gloves, and some brands just dont match some people's hands (as each finger needs to be the correct length or it just gets annoying, so it may be worth giving him a token thing with a note saying that youll get him these gloves, but he'd need to come to the shop to try them on. or you could buy some making sure you can exchange the size (most shops should let you as long as you explain this).
Kaeleer
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Boristhethird)

held are a well known brand, so there not going to be bad, though ive got two comments on them:
- some people prefer hard knuckles, so it depends on what he has already and if they do (i only have hard knuckle gloves, whereas Juno's are not)
- fitting is important with bike gloves, and some brands just dont match some people's hands (as each finger needs to be the correct length or it just gets annoying, so it may be worth giving him a token thing with a note saying that youll get him these gloves, but he'd need to come to the shop to try them on. or you could buy some making sure you can exchange the size (most shops should let you as long as you explain this).
I don't think his gloves have hard ones. Mine have and he doesn't like wearing them.
I've look at the website and they accept returns and exchanges. So I should be alright, as shops near me don't have these gloves.

So do you think these are worth buying, or would you suggest any others?
Imperial_Maniac
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
whats up?

theres a guy on LB breaking an SV at the moment
Crashed it into a car, as you do...

I do need a new set of headlights.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Motorbiker
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you alright?

And other parts you need or just headlights? Was hard to see pic on my phone...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Boristhethird
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://londonbikers.com/forums/10506...uzuki-sv650-k3

he's not far from me if you want me to pick anything up (or use me as an LB member to get stuff)

(Original post by Kaeleer)
I don't think his gloves have hard ones. Mine have and he doesn't like wearing them.
I've look at the website and they accept returns and exchanges. So I should be alright, as shops near me don't have these gloves.

So do you think these are worth buying, or would you suggest any others?
id go for it, other options would be to get some handlebar muffs (tocarno urbano ones are the only ones worth getting and about £30, or heated grips - though these can be more expensive and harder to fit)

Muffs (i know the're on a scooter but they work on bikes too, honest )

tbh though, the gloves are probably the best bet.

my winter gloves were about £80 and have been waterproof and warm for a year so far
http://www.getgeared.co.uk/furygan_g..._source=google
Bathwiggle
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago

ride were suggesting the richa arctic gloves. 5/5 for warmth, impact, and wet at £70.
Imperial_Maniac
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Motorbiker)
Are you alright?

And other parts you need or just headlights? Was hard to see pic on my phone...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Crashed it back in November, I was in hospital for a bit but no permanent damage!

Everything else is pretty much alright I think. I've already replaced quite a few bits.
Imperial_Maniac
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
http://londonbikers.com/forums/10506...uzuki-sv650-k3

he's not far from me if you want me to pick anything up (or use me as an LB member to get stuff)

id go for it, other options would be to get some handlebar muffs (tocarno urbano ones are the only ones worth getting and about £30, or heated grips - though these can be more expensive and harder to fit)

Muffs (i know the're on a scooter but they work on bikes too, honest )

tbh though, the gloves are probably the best bet.

my winter gloves were about £80 and have been waterproof and warm for a year so far
http://www.getgeared.co.uk/furygan_g..._source=google
Cheers for the link, I'm currently fairly close to london, won't be there for much longer but it shouldn't be too much of a drama to pick it up.
Boristhethird
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
just accidentally bought another top box
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Rich is poorly :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maccees
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Anybody have any experience with Camrider? Thinking of doing a course with them in the spring. £499 for 5 sessions, cbt to test.
Matureb
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Maccees)
Anybody have any experience with Camrider? Thinking of doing a course with them in the spring. £499 for 5 sessions, cbt to test.
I am trying to get my twin daughters to learn. The Camrider near here seem very good and have a winter offer of 2 for 1 if you can find a friend to train with.
Maccees
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Matureb)
I am trying to get my twin daughters to learn. The Camrider near here seem very good and have a winter offer of 2 for 1 if you can find a friend to train with.
I'm only going to have the money to do it in April, I'm assuming they'll have plenty of business and not want to do the offer then though :/ I've messaged them asking that though so I'll wait and see what they say...
F4LL3N
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Sorry to hear about the SV....

And on the gloves front, I have Alpinestar Goretex Gloves (can't remember what model...) but at the end of the day I usually find that muffs do a pretty decent job, especially when combined with heated grips. Its just like operating the handlebars within a nice cosy warm place as most of the wind gets deflected, and most of the heat is contained within the muffs. Just dont have the grips on too hot...
omarion526
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Used my mate's Alpinestars Overland Drystar's when I was back - seemed a v good winter glove, got caught in a bit of rain after the GP and a cool night and help up really well Think they're about 90 quid or so.
Texan88
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Laid the bike down today, was some oil on a wet road where I was braking. Landed hard on my elbow and slammed my head into the pavement (thank god for wearing gear)

you can see that the pinlock is f'ed and its basically junk now

my buddy already pulled a sweet hjc off the shelf for me so i'll be picking that up soon

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (106)
13.47%
I'm not sure (35)
4.45%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (242)
30.75%
I have already dropped out (19)
2.41%
I'm not a current university student (385)
48.92%

Watched Threads