Motorbike Society- IV

Watch
Texan88
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Bathwiggle)
neighbour i've not had a repeat, but that might be as my car is still in the way!

Bike worked sat, sun and mon, tues went to go to work, turned it on, it lit up and when i tried to start it, it went 'click.' turned it off and on again (can't blame me for trying!) and it no lights- nothing. So not sure, might be blown fuse or completely knackered battery, i need to look this weekend.
If it were here I would check it out myself. But you're not sadly.

That said though I'm thinking of moving out of country when I'm done with my schooling. Want to live in a country where I don't have to worry about medical bills and live in a place that isnt so..... ridiculously stupid
Motorbiker
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
How you finding the sv? (mine worked for 3 days and broke again- i think she hates me)
She's a nice bike. Nice because she's just a lot more modern but i don't like the riding posititon. Prefer the more upright fazer for sure.

Have heard from insurance that the damage is below the writeoff level so my bike will be fixed and sent back. Eventually.

Also, Riding a bike that's only 2 years old is just nice. Everything still feels new and works correctly. Strong lack of power compared to the fazer though.
Imperial_Maniac
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Motorbiker)
She's a nice bike. Nice because she's just a lot more modern but i don't like the riding posititon. Prefer the more upright fazer for sure.

Have heard from insurance that the damage is below the writeoff level so my bike will be fixed and sent back. Eventually.

Also, Riding a bike that's only 2 years old is just nice. Everything still feels new and works correctly. Strong lack of power compared to the fazer though.
Lack of power? :'(
Motorbiker
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Imperial_Maniac)
Lack of power? :'(
Yea, like 70hp compared to 100.

And the delivery is weird. It's all torque and no power.
Boristhethird
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

my fazer has no power at the minute

keeps being a 300cc twin
Imperial_Maniac
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yea, like 70hp compared to 100.

And the delivery is weird. It's all torque and no power.
Torque is what you want acceleration is the fun bit!

Posted from TSR Mobile
LandyJon
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
In preparation for Switzerland, I bought myself a new Drift Ghost on the principle that it was vital for many, many things :curious:

Gonna revive my YouTube channel for everyone; especially for when I get the Honda over there. On that note, does anyone want to ride over with me in May? It'd be 2 or 3 days (maybe more) worth of riding subject to the time I can get off. As much as a trip like that by myself would be cool, it'd be much more awesome with someone else.
Imperial_Maniac
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by LandyJon)
In preparation for Switzerland, I bought myself a new Drift Ghost on the principle that it was vital for many, many things :curious:

Gonna revive my YouTube channel for everyone; especially for when I get the Honda over there. On that note, does anyone want to ride over with me in May? It'd be 2 or 3 days (maybe more) worth of riding subject to the time I can get off. As much as a trip like that by myself would be cool, it'd be much more awesome with someone else.
How long are you staying out there for?
Bathwiggle
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago

I would love to. Sadly i think f4ll3n might object to me nicking his bike to go on a riding holiday and leaving him at home!
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I would love to. Sadly i think f4ll3n might object to me nicking his bike to go on a riding holiday and leaving him at home!
:confused: Why does he get an opinion?
Bathwiggle
Rep:
?
(Original post by Juno)
:confused: Why does he get an opinion?
he'll need it to get to work/uni

In other news. Click this link. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321344633622

I think it's meant to be a bruteforce and they have the description wrong bar the one place that it says brute force with 4 bolts. That said i've ordered two and will see what they send me!
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
he'll need it to get to work/uni

In other news. Click this link. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321344633622

I think it's meant to be a bruteforce and they have the description wrong bar the one place that it says brute force with 4 bolts. That said i've ordered two and will see what they send me!
:nutcase: one for Honda and one for Ugsy
LandyJon
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Imperial_Maniac)
How long are you staying out there for?
Out there for at least 6 months as of next Thursday. May have my contract extended though if I do a good enough job.

It lasts for 5 minutes but I'm sure you'll get the picture.

Coooomee ooonnn Wiggles; we've run away together before
Matureb
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Some bike swapping going on between friends (of a friend).
Fazer, 1999, 20,000 miles, T&t next month, but he is prepared to add a year at cost. London area.

In Doncaster is mate with Harley something. He may sell that and buy the fazer. But he is selling his wife`s Suzi GN125, 2006, nearly 9000 miles, 12 months mot, 3 week tax. On autotrader at £999.

Asking price of fazer was £1150 if he delivered it to Donny. Suppose considerably less if you collect. Wish I could afford it, but the GS is poorly.
gbduo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Just lost the front end on some diesel. That was some brown leather moment until it came back. Jaysussssss
Bathwiggle
Rep:
?
Out there for at least 6 months as of next Thursday. May have my contract extended though if I do a good enough job.

It lasts for 5 minutes but I'm sure you'll get the picture.

Coooomee ooonnn Wiggles; we've run away together before
I tried...i played all of it to him. i go a very stern no :sad: i shall have to buy a new bike!
Bathwiggle
Rep:
?
(Original post by gbduo)
Just lost the front end on some diesel. That was some brown leather moment until it came back. Jaysussssss
glad you held it!
gbduo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
glad you help it!
More like hold on for dear life and the bike sorted itself out!

I was leant over at 60mph going round a bend and all! Then had a **** load of wobble through the front, kept the throttle on and just powered through. Jesus christ.
Bathwiggle
Rep:
?
(Original post by gbduo)
More like hold on for dear life and the bike sorted itself out!

I was leant over at 60mph going round a bend and all! Then had a **** load of wobble through the front, kept the throttle on and just powered through. Jesus christ.
It's nasty when you get that, i've had a few times where i've had the option of crashing or keep accelerating and hoping that it'll right itself. It's a beautiful day and i'm inside tidying as i go on holiday tomorro so need to sort the house out
Imperial_Maniac
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ah cool, good luck. I've been looking into doing a PhD in Vienna, and I was wondering, out of curiosity, what happens to the bike in terms of registration/insurance when you move abroad? Do you have to "export/import" it?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (106)
13.47%
I'm not sure (35)
4.45%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (242)
30.75%
I have already dropped out (19)
2.41%
I'm not a current university student (385)
48.92%

Watched Threads