Motorbike Society- IV

Watch
Maccees
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by LandyJon)
WD40, a toothbrush and an old tea towel. I've used proper chain cleaning fluids before but after watching the video below (Del Boy's Garage is seriously worth looking through; the guy's brilliant), I've used WD40 since and never had a better result!

I saw a video of his a while ago and I've been looking for him since but couldn't remember his channel name haha
Imperial_Maniac
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Boristhethird)
am i the only one left with a fazer?
What about motorbiker?
Lantana
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

is the temp light meant to come on when you push the starter button (along with fuel and oil light to test)?
well I'm trying to get one
Motorbiker
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

is the temp light meant to come on when you push the starter button (along with fuel and oil light to test)?
Nope.

I honestly can't remember.

Think i had it coming on yesterday during my quick 220mile blast home. Got told it would take 5 hours by parents. Did it in 4 hours with a pitstop. It was fine when cruising in top gear but at lower speeds/gears when i held onto a gear beyond like 7k revs the light kept coming on.

(Original post by Imperial_Maniac)
What about motorbiker?
Thanks.
Boristhethird
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Lantana)
well I'm trying to get one
the wrong one :unimpressed:

(Original post by Motorbiker)
Nope.

I honestly can't remember.

Think i had it coming on yesterday during my quick 220mile blast home. Got told it would take 5 hours by parents. Did it in 4 hours with a pitstop. It was fine when cruising in top gear but at lower speeds/gears when i held onto a gear beyond like 7k revs the light kept coming on.

Thanks.
i thought you where still on the SV
Motorbiker
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
the wrong one :unimpressed:

i thought you where still on the SV
Nope, got my bike fixed and the Sv sent back a few weeks back. Must have forgotten to mention it here.

Main difference is my bike is sparkly clean. I'd had it covered in FS365 and a thick layer of grime since the beginning of winter.

Had a great fun blast across the country in the sun yesterday though. The difference in fuel consumption between cruising at 80 and 100 is very apparent though. It did shave like an hour off the journey time on the other hand.
Boristhethird
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Nope, got my bike fixed and the Sv sent back a few weeks back. Must have forgotten to mention it here.

Main difference is my bike is sparkly clean. I'd had it covered in FS365 and a thick layer of grime since the beginning of winter.

Had a great fun blast across the country in the sun yesterday though. The difference in fuel consumption between cruising at 80 and 100 is very apparent though. It did shave like an hour off the journey time on the other hand.
i probably wasn't paying attention.

someone commented on my bike being clean the other day, i think he just expected it to be worse
F4LL3N
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
i probably wasn't paying attention.

someone commented on my bike being clean the other day, i think he just expected it to be worse
I rode wiggles dad's trophy back yesterday. So comfy!
Boristhethird
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by F4LL3N)
is that the new one or the old one?

and can i have a go
F4LL3N
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

and can i have a go
The old 1200 and it's not mine! =p
Bathwiggle
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Lantana)
Yes* as I'm back down south

Your cbr?
Yup, Down to one bike again!

and can i have a go
Old one, you've been invited to my parents often enough!

(Original post by F4LL3N)
It's like an arm chair... with wheels
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Boris just drove a train

Posted from TSR Mobile
LandyJon
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Regard the TSR Mot'Soc' meet; it won't be until the end of September or more than likely, the start of October as I'll still be in Switzerland until the 15th; at which point I'll be taking a prolonged ride back home through Germany, Belgium, Luxembourg and France.

On that note; have any of you fitted a USB port to your bike for charging phones, iPods etc? If so, how easy was it fit?
F4LL3N
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Regard the TSR Mot'Soc' meet; it won't be until the end of September or more than likely, the start of October as I'll still be in Switzerland until the 15th; at which point I'll be taking a prolonged ride back home through Germany, Belgium, Luxembourg and France.

On that note; have any of you fitted a USB port to your bike for charging phones, iPods etc? If so, how easy was it fit?
Isn't it easier to fit a 12v socket instead and use a USB cigarette adapter? More flexible too. I use one on the SV and will add one to the blade at some point.
Boristhethird
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

ive got a 12v socket (same as a car) and put a 12v-usb adaptor in
was helping someone else with this the other day

easy way to do it (properly)
Boristhethird
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Bathwiggle)
Old one, you've been invited to my parents often enough!
still need to actually get there though
Motorbiker
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

Will be cold by then though.

Npo but my dad has a 12v socket attachment on his BMW with a splitter so he can run his GPS and charge his iPod each time.
F4LL3N
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Will be cold by then though.

Npo but my dad has a 12v socket attachment on his BMW with a splitter so he can run his GPS and charge his iPod each time.
I've got the 12v socket under my pillion seat and attach it to the battery so I can operate air bed pumps and charge my phone without running the bike. It doesn't discharge the bike so much that it wouldn't start (unless you left it plugged in!)

As for sat nav, that has its own power lead running through the ignition.
LandyJon
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The socket thingy was the idea I had in mind. Is it as simple as whacking it onto the battery or is there is a little more technicality to it?
Boristhethird
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The socket thingy was the idea I had in mind. Is it as simple as whacking it onto the battery or is there is a little more technicality to it?
you can do it straight off of the battery (though you want a fuse), but this will always be on, if you do the circuit i posted above it will mean that it turns off with the bike (so not to discharge the battery if left on).
the relay needed is only about £3 too, and its not hard to install (i can help you if you do it while your in the UK)
http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/12v-30a-dc...ve-relay-n00aw

id add that most 12v - USB adaptors have a LED in them that will slowly discharge the battery if left in with the bike off (as i found out in with car)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (107)
13.53%
I'm not sure (36)
4.55%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (242)
30.59%
I have already dropped out (19)
2.4%
I'm not a current university student (387)
48.93%

Watched Threads