Motorbike Society- IV

Watch
Boristhethird
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
anyone going to triumph live?

you can get a factory tour the day before too!
F4LL3N
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Pyrenees Day 7: http://mcblogspot83.blogspot.co.uk/2...ees-day-7.html

Spoiler:
Show
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Boristhethird)
anyone going to triumph live?

you can get a factory tour the day before too!
I'm not going :huff:
Motorbiker
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by F4LL3N)
Pyrenees Day 7: http://mcblogspot83.blogspot.co.uk/2...ees-day-7.html

Spoiler:
Show

Very nice! Your link on the side goes to the old TSR motorbike society though.

You ever looked at linking to this blog from other sections of the site like the Travelling section? It's a nicely written blog and others will probably be interested in reading about it.
F4LL3N
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Motorbiker)
Very nice! Your link on the side goes to the old TSR motorbike society though.

You ever looked at linking to this blog from other sections of the site like the Travelling section? It's a nicely written blog and others will probably be interested in reading about it.
Thanks for the heads up about the link. I'll put that on my to do list.

I could do. I'll put it on the other thread and see what people think =).
Motorbiker
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Anyone in here following the IOM TT this year? I have "like"'d the Guy Martin and the Dianese facebook page so just got the race result from today spoiled for me. Foolish.

Real shame we can't watch them live anywhere online though. I would happily pay if there was an option.

Having to wait until the evening to see highlights is annoying.

Also, i reckon i'm going to try and go next year. Now i'm finished at uni there won't be exams right at that time.
Boristhethird
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Anyone in here following the IOM TT this year? I have "like"'d the Guy Martin and the Dianese facebook page so just got the race result from today spoiled for me. Foolish.

Real shame we can't watch them live anywhere online though. I would happily pay if there was an option.

Having to wait until the evening to see highlights is annoying.

Also, i reckon i'm going to try and go next year. Now i'm finished at uni there won't be exams right at that time.
most of the ferry's for next year is already booked, more go on sale soon, but more expensive (goes on sale at the beginning of the season) as all sells out quickly)
this is assuming you are going just for the TT, if you go earlier and come back later then you might get a ferry (accommodation is another thing though)

ive now got 3 broken and 0 working bikes :cry:
the fazers cam chain is dangerously loose so i cant ride it till its replaced.
Motorbiker
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
most of the ferry's for next year is already booked, more go on sale soon, but more expensive (goes on sale at the beginning of the season) as all sells out quickly)
this is assuming you are going just for the TT, if you go earlier and come back later then you might get a ferry (accommodation is another thing though)

ive now got 3 broken and 0 working bikes :cry:
the fazers cam chain is dangerously loose so i cant ride it till its replaced.
I'm sure we could work it out to go slightly early or late to get a ferry. Although speaking to my brother he may be wanting to do the Bol D'or down at paul Ricard instead.

How did you do that to the fazer? And how did you notice? Weird engine noise?
lxbsly
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Fell of my bike yesterday Just a little CBR125. First time I've ever fallen off, surprisingly didn't hurt. Guess I was lucky, I did have full leathers on though. I was going down a country lane, took my eyes off the road for what seemed the most insignificant amount of time and before I knew it, I touched the grass as the road was bearing right.

Astoundingly, barely any damage. Cracked the fairings and ripped off an indicator, however the slight problem is the grooves on my front forks. It is as though someone has taken a key a scratched into them. Anyone know how serious this is?
Motorbiker
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by lxbsly)
Fell of my bike yesterday Just a little CBR125. First time I've ever fallen off, surprisingly didn't hurt. Guess I was lucky, I did have full leathers on though. I was going down a country lane, took my eyes off the road for what seemed the most insignificant amount of time and before I knew it, I touched the grass as the road was bearing right.

Astoundingly, barely any damage. Cracked the fairings and ripped off an indicator, however the slight problem is the grooves on my front forks. It is as though someone has taken a key a scratched into them. Anyone know how serious this is?
Firstly, glad you're alright that's the important part.

And don't worry, Everyone comes off eventually...

Urm, Can you show whereabouts on the forks this is? Upload a picture? If it's on the actual forky bits it's need fixing as otherwise it'll damage the fork seals i think.
lxbsly
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Firstly, glad you're alright that's the important part.

And don't worry, Everyone comes off eventually...

Urm, Can you show whereabouts on the forks this is? Upload a picture? If it's on the actual forky bits it's need fixing as otherwise it'll damage the fork seals i think.

Thank you Just grazed my elbow a bit, from the friction I suppose from inside my leathers.

It was quite surreal, I actually cannot remember the falling off. I remember seeing I was going onto the grass and thinking it is too late, and then my memory jumps straight to the sliding along the road. It was all increibley quick, and then it felt like time has slowed while I was sliding on the road. This is where I feel off in case you are interested (I forgot to bear right lol) https://www.google.com/maps/@53.8105.../data=!3m1!1e3:

Also, here are the pictures of the forks. The scratches/groves are the exact same height on each fork. The pictures are pretty bad because its dark out, I apologise. Also, the blue bit of ribbon is what I tied on so I could see how far my forks compress during normal usage, so see if the seals surpassed the grooves. They do
http://imgur.com/a/oPKuU

It is a pretty old bike, 2005 plate. I only need it to last me til September as I'll be off to UNI if I get in. So hopefully I can botch it or they don't need immediate replacing.
Motorbiker
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thank you Just grazed my elbow a bit, from the friction I suppose from inside my leathers.

It was quite surreal, I actually cannot remember the falling off. I remember seeing I was going onto the grass and thinking it is too late, and then my memory jumps straight to the sliding along the road. It was all increibley quick, and then it felt like time has slowed while I was sliding on the road. This is where I feel off in case you are interested (I forgot to bear right lol) https://www.google.com/maps/@53.8105.../data=!3m1!1e3:

Also, here are the pictures of the forks. The scratches/groves are the exact same height on each fork. The pictures are pretty bad because its dark out, I apologise. Also, the blue bit of ribbon is what I tied on so I could see how far my forks compress during normal usage, so see if the seals surpassed the grooves. They do
http://imgur.com/a/oPKuU

It is a pretty old bike, 2005 plate. I only need it to last me til September as I'll be off to UNI if I get in. So hopefully I can botch it or they don't need immediate replacing.
Don't worry about it. How fast were you going roughly?

I cannot see where the scratches are due to the flash. Not sure if i'm just being blind.

2005 plate is pretty old? My bike is a 1998. And my bike before was a 1989.
Boristhethird
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ixbsly - glad your alright, as for the forks, so long as they are straight and the marks at on the bottom you'll be fine (on the shiny bit is bad)

Motorbikes - she's had a tapping all the time I've had the bike, finally checked the tensioner and its all the way out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
lxbsly
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Don't worry about it. How fast were you going roughly?

I cannot see where the scratches are due to the flash. Not sure if i'm just being blind.

2005 plate is pretty old? My bike is a 1998. And my bike before was a 1989.

I think about 40MPH. The annoying thing is I wasn't going too fast for the corner, I mean that corner could be taken at like 70, although I wouldn't. I wasn't trying to lean the bike over far, I wasn't swerving from someone. I just for some reason which I cannot remember, had a lapse in concentration which led to me being too close to the grass.

I've re-uploaded the pictures indicating the grooves/scratches, also the right and left fork. In the morning, I'll try to remember to take some clearer pictures.
http://imgur.com/a/FbpBT
lxbsly
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ixbsly - glad your alright, as for the forks, so long as they are straight and the marks at on the bottom you'll be fine (on the shiny bit is bad)

Motorbikes - she's had a tapping all the time I've had the bike, finally checked the tensioner and its all the way out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you.

It is on the shiny bit unfortunately. The scratches are extremely shallow though?
Boristhethird
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Keep an eye on it, if it doesn't leak then its fine, though it will cause it to leak at some point (the shallower it is then the longer it will last)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Motorbiker
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think about 40MPH. The annoying thing is I wasn't going too fast for the corner, I mean that corner could be taken at like 70, although I wouldn't. I wasn't trying to lean the bike over far, I wasn't swerving from someone. I just for some reason which I cannot remember, had a lapse in concentration which led to me being too close to the grass.

I've re-uploaded the pictures indicating the grooves/scratches, also the right and left fork. In the morning, I'll try to remember to take some clearer pictures.
http://imgur.com/a/FbpBT
Oh those tiny things are the scratch. Tbh it doesn't look that bad. You may well be able toget away with it for now anyway. If you were keeping the bike for years i'd fix it but from the looks of it i wouldn't worry.

Would still like to see clear pics tomorrow just to make sure though.
lxbsly
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Oh those tiny things are the scratch. Tbh it doesn't look that bad. You may well be able toget away with it for now anyway. If you were keeping the bike for years i'd fix it but from the looks of it i wouldn't worry.

Would still like to see clear pics tomorrow just to make sure though.

Yeah haha, maybe I am over analysing it all. I'll get some clearer photos asap. I just got a bit worried as I was told if ti leaks fork oil, it's bad news.
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If 2005 is "pretty old" then what is Bros :beard:
Maccees
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2008-SUZUK...item540961659b

What do you guys think of that? Some new fairings are £300 on ebay so if I could knock them a couple of hundred quid it won't be too bad. Not too bothered about the tank and engine casing for now.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (106)
13.49%
I'm not sure (35)
4.45%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (241)
30.66%
I have already dropped out (19)
2.42%
I'm not a current university student (385)
48.98%

Watched Threads