Turn on thread page Beta

Gypsy skirts out of fashion now? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So, are gypsy skirts generally considered to be out of fashion now? They're the only type of skirts I really have left, other than a few other types that I don't really like.

ReputationRep:
    they are last year, right now its all about those shorts

ReputationRep:
    does it really matter? If someone tells you they are out of fashion will you suddenly find them less comfortable/attractive/whatever...

who cares what other people think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gossip_girl)
    they are last year, right now its all about those shorts
    What shorts?

ReputationRep:
    I think gypsy skirts are still nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peachy_Keen_Jennibean)
    So do I!

I am planning to keep wearing mine, I was just wondering...

ReputationRep:
    Gypsy skirts are amazing! I don't care if they go out of fashion, I'm keeping mine.

ReputationRep:
    I've still got mine and wear them, I still see people wearing them so they've gone totally down

ReputationRep:
    gypsy shirts are kinda out of fashion.. but it still looks nice... three quarter jeans and combats are so in fashion

ReputationRep:
    I've never been a fan of them and I don't think they would be described as 'in' this summer. But who gives a crap if they're 'in' or not? If it suits you and you feel comfy in it, go ahead and wear it
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I've never really liked them either...even Sienna Miller who started the whole boho thing disliked them eventually! I am loving shirt dresses tho!

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes, i've been looking for one of those but have failed to find any that really suit me!

To me, gypsy skirts just scream 'JOSS STONE', which isn't necessarily a positive thing..

ReputationRep:
    Yay, am loving the shirt dresses too, I got myself a lovely one from Bay a few months ago, can finally wear it! Never really got on with gypsy skirts though, Don't think I'm a very "flowy" sort of person! :p:

ReputationRep:
    I HATE three quarter length trousers, they just don't feel right (sort of 'where is the rest of my trousers, i've been ripped off...) and I'm too self concious to wear shorts- if you have even slightly big thighs they are the least flattering things in the world (though personally I don't think they look that good even on slim women, not at all feminine!)

So all in all, my gypsy skirts are staying in use! I'm also liking summery dresses but again, some of the ones in fashion are really unflattering, the shirt dresses just don't look girly enough for me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkPigeon)
    I HATE three quarter length trousers, they just don't feel right (sort of 'where is the rest of my trousers, i've been ripped off...) and I'm too self concious to wear shorts- if you have even slightly big thighs they are the least flattering things in the world (though personally I don't think they look that good even on slim women, not at all feminine!)

So all in all, my gypsy skirts are staying in use! I'm also liking summery dresses but again, some of the ones in fashion are really unflattering, the shirt dresses just don't look girly enough for me!
    That's exactly the way I feel! Too self conscious to wear shorts (although I don't really like them anyway) and I really don't like three quarter length trousers. Combats are okay though.

Gpysy skirts work well for girls who have long legs I think, which is why I like them anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkPigeon)

:ditto:

ReputationRep:
    well techincally they are very summer 05 but everyone's still wearing them - i don't think anyone really cares!

ReputationRep:
    I love gypsy skirts and shirt dresses I was wondering the same thing, as I dont see many wearing the skirts anymore like they did last year, but I'll still wear mine and feel all summery and girly You can get some very girly shirt dresses also, in New Look, they have so many in differnet bright colours, but Ive noticed that they are very clingy/stretchy, so you have to get one size bigger. I'm not into these 3/4 pants, which just look like pants that have shrunk, but thats prob because I have skinny legs and it would look horrible in them.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you could still wear them but please not a white one. I remember last year everywhere you looked was a girl in a white gypsy skirt!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peachy_Keen_Jennibean)
    :ditto: :love: girls in gypsy skirts

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.