The Student Room Group

Ebay Money Making

So I'm sure we have many budding entrepreneurs so what things do you buy and sell on ebay to make money? Discuss :smile:
Reply 1
You mean you want other people to tell you what sells so you can do it yourself?
Reply 2
Its more a "what type of things" question, I have loads of things that I need rid of and am not sure if ebay is the right thing for them :smile: As a pose to straight up binning or car boot :smile:
Reply 3
eBay's ludicrous fees as well as PayPal and economical climate makes it a lot lot harder to sell anything for a profit from a normal consumer's access. I used to be able to buy stuff from £land and sell it online for £2-3 profit each... Now no longer possible.

As for selling Misc item, it depends what you have, unless your item has value, you'll probably just lose time and money listing it.
Reply 4
I've recently been asked to sell some items for a family friend who's moving out of their traditional country house.

I'm selling mostly antiques, such as lamps, steering wheels, WW2 memorabilia.

Really interesting experience and i'm making a nice sum aswell :smile:
Mostly stuff picked up from car boot sales (if you have any vague idea how to value things, it can be useful). Also went through a brief Poundland phase, mostly books (they often sell hardbacks of reasonable novels) and novelty items. The best margin was on hand-shaped flyswatters (5 for £1) which sold for £2 each. Sold about 80 in a week but it really wasn't worth the effort, and other people started selling the full packs for £2 so I stopped bothering. Still have 20 flyswatters at my house though, so at least I have no flies.

It's not the most attractive place to sell stuff really. For anything of value I'd use other options.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
what kinda WW2 stuff is he selling?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending