Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    oooh ok thank you
    yeah listing gcses wouldnt be a problem was just confused as to how they would realise how clever i am!!
    u know sooooooo much btw you're really clever!!
    thank you xxx

ReputationRep:
    oooh ok thank you
    yeah listing gcses wouldnt be a problem was just confused as to how they would realise how clever i am!!
    u know sooooooo much btw you're really clever!!
    thank you xxx

ReputationRep:
    I'm not clever at all :rolleyes:

Make sure you retake most of you AS's in the January session, as you don't want to do resits at the same time as A2's . I think resits are helpful for synoptic units, so don't think of them as bad things.

ReputationRep:
    is it possible to retake most of my As's in jan? coz my history teacher said for paper 3 u gotta do it in june or july!!

im so scared that ill have so much work to do

coz im gonna do another as next year aswell, cos when i got depressed i dropped eng lit.. but i wanna have 3 alevels and one as.. god im gonna have so much work!!

im gonna be a geek next year and be in the library every lunch time!!

ReputationRep:
    Costs of resits - it depends which exam board you are with.

OCR charge £10.75 per exam module. HOWEVER, not sure if this is the same across the country but in my college, if you improve your unit grade, you get your resit money back.

Hope this helps.

Lotte

ReputationRep:
    hey, don't worry about it, lots of my friends had lots of AS resits to do in January. Some have even taken the exam again this month.. Also, on uni applications, you don't put anything down for AS's anyway, unless you have dropped it at A2, then you'll need to cash the result in. Apart from that, you just state your predicted grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miss_princess_stacey)
    is it possible to retake most of my As's in jan? coz my history teacher said for paper 3 u gotta do it in june or july!!

im so scared that ill have so much work to do

coz im gonna do another as next year aswell, cos when i got depressed i dropped eng lit.. but i wanna have 3 alevels and one as.. god im gonna have so much work!!

im gonna be a geek next year and be in the library every lunch time!!
    Most of the units are available in Jan, but there might be some which aren't. It's very likely that unit 1 for every subject will be available.

You can check here

Don't worry, I had to do 21 exams this summer (half way now)

ReputationRep:
    oh my gosh!! 21??!? that's loads....hope they all go well anyway

r u in as year or a2 year?x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucy_locket88)
    hey, don't worry about it, lots of my friends had lots of AS resits to do in January. Some have even taken the exam again this month.. Also, on uni applications, you don't put anything down for AS's anyway, unless you have dropped it at A2, then you'll need to cash the result in. Apart from that, you just state your predicted grades.
    awww thank you so much, makes me feel a lot better!! and omg how did u get an a in general studies?
    i can do the maths.. but everything else haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miss_princess_stacey)
    oh my gosh!! 21??!? that's loads....hope they all go well anyway

r u in as year or a2 year?x
    Yeah I'm in A2

Well the AS resits were easy, I just had to finish off something I should of done a long time ago :p:. For example, I got 81/100 for core 1 maths, so I just resat it this summer to improve upon it because A2 is harder. Darnit, I know I dropped 3 marks :mad:, grrrrr.... may have to resit it in january 2007, just joking.:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mustard-man)
    Well they do vary a lot from centre to centre, I know a college in my town which charges £70 per unit :eek: what a complete joke.
    seriously?!?! that's ridiculous!!:eek: How can they possibly expect students to be able to afford that??

OCR charge £10.75 per exam module. HOWEVER, not sure if this is the same across the country but in my college, if you improve your unit grade, you get your resit money back.
    Wish my 6th form did that...i'm gonna be so poor! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    mine let u have the first one free but then its 45 pounds.. hopefully my parents will pay!

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.