Turn on thread page Beta

Are muslims the main drivers of uk anti-semitism and not white people? watch

ReputationRep:
    Is the main driver for anti-semitism in the UK caused by the muslim population and not the british people. There are headlines that use the word british anti-semitism but what they really mean is muslim antisemitism. Making the whole country responsible for the prejudice of a small minority of vindictive individuals from the muslim community.

I came across this video about antisemitism in the UK, and I couldn't work out why this was. The UK is no longer religious apart from Islam and apart of islam there wasn't any real religious grounds for english people because the UK has become more secular and have no reason to feel any antipathy towards the jewish population.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzOFbPJs4tc
    The War on Britain's Jews - Richard Littlejohn FULL!

This was made in 2007, but it's still an ongoing problem. It was only back in June this year that it was highlighted again, and it doesn't seem to be going away.

ReputationRep:
    I have not met many Jews moving to the UK recently but I live in a very multi cultural area and I sense absolutely no feeling of anti semitism among my Muslim friends and a few Jewish friends I have.

It is not really thought about where I live Croydon, but I could just be ignorant, who knows..

ReputationRep:
    I see what you're doing. You're using anti semitism as an excuse to be Islamaphobic ie: implying that it's just a Muslim thing

Why the hell did Jews flee European countries and moved in to Muslim countries, when they were being persecuted?

If it was any one else who made the thread, then yes, it's true that there are fractions of the Muslim population who dislike Jews, but then there are people in the mainstream population that don't like Jews as well

And if you look through your past posts, you simply hate Muslims. Seriously if any other poster made this thread, I wouldn't have such an issue with it (OK maybe not any old poster, but most other people)

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't use the term anti-semitism. Arabs are semitic. Though I'd say there is a case that you could say anti-zionist as opposed to anti-semitic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladynova)
    I have not met many Jews moving to the UK recently but I live in a very multi cultural area and I sense absolutely no feeling of anti semitism among my Muslim friends and a few Jewish friends I have.

It is not really thought about where I live Croydon, but I could just be ignorant, who knows..
    Ignore dripsterdave. I have no hate for you

See my post above

ReputationRep:
    I've never come across any actively antisemitic people - of any race or religion. The only form of antisemitism I have ever come across is the use of Jew as a derogatory insult - which commonly (and annoyingly) occurs with many people that I know, none of which being religious themselves. Seems like you're just taking an unnecessary dig at Muslims.

ReputationRep:
    You hate.

ReputationRep:
    Islamophobia is the new anti-semitism.

ReputationRep:
    I thought Muslims and British can be the same people.

ReputationRep:
    Mehdi Hasan wrote an interesting (yet unsurprising) article on anti-Semitism within the Muslim community: http://www.newstatesman.com/politics...slim-community

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by de_monies)
    Why the hell did Jews flee European countries and moved in to Muslim countries, when they were being persecuted?
    How is that at all relevant?

ReputationRep:
    I would say so. Anti-antisemitism is one of the great taboos in Western society because of the holocaust and the multitude of Jewish-activist groups scouring for it. Very few people would risk being openly anti-semetic although it is definitively more widespread among older people. My Dutch granddad was one of the most casually anti-semetic men you could ever meet for example...

ReputationRep:
    gee I wonder who's behind this thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dripsterdave)
    Is the main driver for anti-semitism in the UK caused by the muslim population and not the british people.
    I would argue yes.

Most modern antisemitism is in relation to Israel. Antisemitism really saw a massive upswing in the arab world since Israel was founded, and has naturally come with immigrants to other parts of the world. More importantly however, along of the antisemitic or anti-israeli attitudes come from the iraeli-palastinian conflict, which is of most interest to the left and the muslim community.

Although anti-zionism and antisemitism often get confused, it does so from both sides. An individual who is angry at Israel may soon start to hate all Jews, and thus becomes antisemitic.

More importantly, several countries in the middle east have government endorsed antisemitic attitudes, deepening the problem.

All in all, the answer is a pretty much big yes. While some of the antisemitic attitudes from the far-right remain, they have since moved onto other enemies (such as the muslims), and many are beginning to welcome the Jews with open arms because of the natural conflict with Islam.

Meanwhile, because of their natural involvement, the muslims have more a reason to become emotionally involved with the israeli-palastinian conflict. And it's a short walk from hating a state, to hating the people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluebell100)
    Islamophobia is the new anti-semitism.
    Except Muslims aren't a minority in every country they're in, unlike the Jews before Israel.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, I've never knowingly met a Jewish person, and I've never heard anything other than very jokey anti-semitic comments, although they are certainly prevalent in Muslim countries and within Muslim areas of Britain. There are numerous anti-semitic cartoons in national newspapers in many of those same Muslim countries which so vociferously protested and attempted to boycott and damage Denmark because of the cartoons of Mohammed (PNBUH). The hypocrisy of Islam and those who adhere to it never ceases to amaze.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farm_Ecology)
    How is that at all relevant?
    Not massively relevant, but it's a major event that happened during the golden age, to try and show "No, this isn't what all Muslims think" and that "Muslims can be pretty accepting"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by de_monies)
    They also fled to the UK, which is the country the OP is talking about.

Another inconvenient fact is that Muslims cling to a book which calls Jews apes and swine.

I think it's obvious where a lot of it comes from, but of course you refuse to see it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually an Israeli student in the UK. My family are Polish Jews The antisemitism I've experienced was mainly due to the territorial claims and allegations.

ReputationRep:
    The antisemitism in Britain is awful. I feel alienated from the mainstream community.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.