The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

(SHU) BSc Radiotherapy and oncology

Scroll to see replies

Hey!

Yeah I'm in at 2:45 on the 12th. I think we're all in that day at some point :smile:
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Reply 21
Think mine is about 12:15 or something? (: is anyone staying at the forge as well or? (:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Original post by DanDash95
Think mine is about 12:15 or something? (: is anyone staying at the forge as well or? (:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey the letter I've got is for 1:30 to 4:30.
Hope I get to come across you all. 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Hope so too! Can't wait to meet everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Hi all on this thread, I am not starting this year but I am trying to get everything I need to apply for this course. Im hoping to do the access to HE health course at college. However, I have seen that it requires some sort of either voluntary or actual work in this area. Are there any tips anyone could give me to get into this? I was going to email/ring around but if anyone could give me any other helpful tips I would be sooooooo grateful. Im determined to get onto this course. Thanks in advance. :smile:
Reply 25
Original post by Ethelberry
Hi all on this thread, I am not starting this year but I am trying to get everything I need to apply for this course. Im hoping to do the access to HE health course at college. However, I have seen that it requires some sort of either voluntary or actual work in this area. Are there any tips anyone could give me to get into this? I was going to email/ring around but if anyone could give me any other helpful tips I would be sooooooo grateful. Im determined to get onto this course. Thanks in advance. :smile:

Yes you need to have at least a days experience at a radiotherapy department which the university can help with providing for you. Any voluntary work in a care environment will help with your application. The more interest you show the better. I volunteered in a few different places as oncology has always interested me, but I knew that the care aspect was essential. I completed the Health Science access to HE.
If you have anymore Qs feel free to ask, I'll try my best to help. 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Thanks! I've emailed a few hospitals to see if they will let me volunteer. I have quite a long time to get the experience so I'd like to get a fair few days in on the radiotherapy ward. Would that be enough or would I need to do more? I'm determined to get onto the course so I guess the more I do the better! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Original post by Ethelberry
Thanks! I've emailed a few hospitals to see if they will let me volunteer. I have quite a long time to get the experience so I'd like to get a fair few days in on the radiotherapy ward. Would that be enough or would I need to do more? I'm determined to get onto the course so I guess the more I do the better! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

The more the better, I only did one day on a radiotherapy department which was arranged by SHU. but I did do a lot of other voluntary work related to it.
Best of luck you'll be fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
I did care homes, primary schools, mental health homes, autistic schools, charity shops, a radiotherapy and an radiology department, even if you do 2 days a month somewhere and change every 2/3 month the experience will really help and make you stand out (: good luck!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Excellent advice guys! I'm gonna try and do a few different departments to make sure it's definitely what I want to do! Pretty sure it is though. Can't wait to get stuck in. Received my volunteer forms through this morning :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Awww well done!! And good luck!! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys we have the enrolment day tomorrow. Does anyone know where it's taking place? Is it at the Collegiate campus in the Robert Winston building, or is it at the City campus? I'm so confused right now :frown:
Hey! It's in the Robert winston building :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks alot emma :smile:
Anyone else got their placement site for derby?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey I am starting this course too! Excited and nervous! Looking forward to meeting everyone! :smile:
Hi has anybody been offered a place at Newcastle, Freemans hospital for their placement?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Hey guys, do any of you know the term dates for our course? (When the end date is) I'm applying for an NUS card and its asking for the month of our course's end date. Not sure when it is
Sorry i meant Our course's term end date* (this year)
Reply 39
Original post by Ilovepink23
Hi has anybody been offered a place at Newcastle, Freemans hospital for their placement?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeaaa im in freemans (:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending