The Student Room Group

Cuddling and lack thereof.

Now this may seem a bit strange but I was wondering on the best way to deal with this. I have had one relationship in my life and it was serious and long term (3 years) which finished a couple of months ago. We used to see each other quite often and stay at each others places. Now everywhere feels really empty. Tried the cuddling the pillow milarkey but it isn't the same and i don't know any girls so a relationship is off the cards, I don't know how to meet girls but that isn't the point.
How do you deal with the feeling of not having someone to cuddle up to and watch a film. Not even my few male friends because i never see them (hey it's not gay to all squash on the settee together and watch a film)

Scroll to see replies

I'd love a cuddle :s-smilie:
Aww i'm sure you can find someone to cuddle you.
Get a dog?
Original post by Felix Felicis
Get a dog?

Yeh my dog died a couple of weeks back. Although you're right cuddling with the dog infront of the tv was good. Not quite the same with her urn though.
Reply 5
I haven't even hugged someone in two and a half years now since my last relationship ended.
Sometimes I feel like this so I cuddle my friends when meeting and greeting them. With guys its always a vice hold with lots of back slapping, perhaps followed by a center chest punch, just to increase the masculinity of the cuddle and make it less gay. With girls I tend to go for the more soft 'hold me' sort of cuddles, but I don't hold on too long.
Reply 7
Original post by GluedToMyBedroom
Yeh my dog died a couple of weeks back. Although you're right cuddling with the dog infront of the tv was good. Not quite the same with her urn though.

:cry2: Those feels man
Just make the most of time with your friends - hug them goodbye, and try and see them more often I guess. If all else fails, there's this I suppose :tongue:
I get a really squashy pillow and use that :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by james1211
I haven't even hugged someone in two and a half years now since my last relationship ended.

Know these feels. Feelsbadman

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by Lauren_christina

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same, when things get desperate.
Original post by Lauren_christina

Is it really the same though? A squishy pillow can't hug you back.
Inb4 picture of those creepy ass pillows with arms.
Reply 12
Perhaps this is what you need... :ahee:

tumblr_lmns7cERYc1qijd0po1_400.png

Other than that all I can suggest is try to find more female friends who you can cuddle with or if you feel ready for another relationship start dating again. :smile:
Reply 13
Is it really the same though? A squishy pillow can't hug you back.
Inb4 picture of those creepy ass pillows with arms.

Damn beat me to it :lol:
Original post by montstar
Damn beat me to it :lol:

When you use the internet as much as i do you learn to expect things like that. Too much time on the cesspit that is 4chan in my younger years.

Alas i suppose you're right. Now to learn how to meet female friends/dating posibilities now i've finished 6th form and am not going to uni.
Reply 15
Awwww. It does suck sometimes but just get involved with lots of different things/be social so you can meet lots of new people :smile: Also remember that while cuddling up with someone is really nice, sometimes being able to laze around/take up as much room as you want doesn't always suck, especially in this heat! Being cuddled up to someone when it's so hot can be a bit annoying sometimes. :tongue:
Original post by Elsie-
get involved with lots of different things/be social so you can meet lots of new people :smile:

Lol you're right.
However people always say to do things like this but never actually say how. As someone without many friends, none of which I ever do anything except sit on Skype with (trust me i've tried) it is pretty difficult knowing what on earth there is to do essentially on your own, to meet new people.
Reply 17
Lol you're right.
However people always say to do things like this but never actually say how. As someone without many friends, none of which I ever do anything except sit on Skype with (trust me i've tried) it is pretty difficult knowing what on earth there is to do essentially on your own, to meet new people.

This is true, I know I take for granted being at university and being surrounded by people my own age all year.

Hm. Do you have any friends that go out to pubs or anything where you could tag along? Then you could be introduced to their friends and maybe make friends with them? Do you work? I know the majority of my friends who didn't go to university became friends with the people they work with.
What about family? I still squash in the middle of my parents to watch a film and there's not a day when I'm actually with them when we don't hug. I think they'd be sad if I ever actually got a partner and stopped being reliant on them for hugs!
Original post by Elsie-
This is true, I know I take for granted being at university and being surrounded by people my own age all year.

Hm. Do you have any friends that go out to pubs or anything where you could tag along? Then you could be introduced to their friends and maybe make friends with them? Do you work? I know the majority of my friends who didn't go to university became friends with the people they work with.

Sadly no. A couple of my friends go out with massive groups of friends but we've met before and i was instantly ostracized from them and i'm not really sure why :/
I guess I'll have to hope i get a job soon to meet new friends there, damn this current job climate.

Original post by ArtGoblin
What about family? I still squash in the middle of my parents to watch a film and there's not a day when I'm actually with them when we don't hug. I think they'd be sad if I ever actually got a partner and stopped being reliant on them for hugs!

My Mum tends to lay the length of the settee with my dad by her feet. No room for me to squeeze in without them getting pissed at me (and I'm really rather small so that's impressive) Only other seat is next to my 15 year old brother who has violent tendencies. I don't like being covered in bruises whilst trying to enjoy a film.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending