Im stuk i rlly need help now with my life! Watch

This discussion is closed.
--Zak--
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Money used to be a accessory in my life but now it seems like u need money to do every thing i dont like it but i have to get it sum way...
ill tell u abit about me so u can see wot the problem is.

im 15 yrs old , i got expelled from school about 4months ago for something i haven't done.
My parents are lousy at being parents at most times in my point of veiw

They care for me they love me but they just cant seem to see that
at my age i need stuff to make me feel less stressed.
They dont buy me anything any more, they depending on buying a shop but its been 6 months they keep saying the same things '' w8 till we get the shop ''
My friends i go out with have all the latest clothing & have like £20 in their pocket every time (not much but its more than i have for 2 weeks) & me just there having to be a follower now of wot they wanna do coz they the ladz with the money... coz of that they seem to be gettin wot they want
something i do not like - im a leader type of person.

ill cutt it short ... i think that i need a job but ppl saying wait till 16 etc
ill be 16 on November but i cnt w8 that long by then i think my life wud be OVER i dont want that to happen

any suggestions wot job i can do to make sum money atleast i wont be a dry person whos always broke...

i wudnt like to do paper rounds... babysitting ... or anything thats un cool if u understand me

Thanks in advance this rlly does mean alot to me
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Your parents have my sympathy

Hopefully you'll grow out of this selfish phase soon and realise that the world doesn't revolve around you.
js_atco
Report 15 years ago
Have you thought for one second that your parents might be stoney broke trying to buy this shop? Buying a business doesn't happen overnight, it can be long, arduous process.

Have you been permanently excluded from school? If so, are you not trying to get into another school elsewhere (There may be one that will give you the benfit of the doubt)?? Right now you need to appreciate that your education will be your saving grace. OK, you could go and get a job right now that pays minimum wage, and you'd be richer than all of your mates put together. But in a few years time, they'll have GCSEs, then A-Levels, and some of them may even go to university. Once they get qualifications, they're in a position where they can take-on skilled jobs, which will pay far more than yours ever will. They'll be driving around in flash cars, and going on nice holidays. You, however, will still be earning minimum wage, and won't be able to afford to hire a car, let alone buy one.

A great sense of pride comes with education. So what if you're skint while you're getting it? In time, you'll reap the rewards.
--Zak--
(Original post by js_atco)
Have you thought for one second that your parents might be stoney broke trying to buy this shop? Buying a business doesn't happen overnight, it can be long, arduous process.

Have you been permanently excluded from school? If so, are you not trying to get into another school elsewhere (There may be one that will give you the benfit of the doubt)?? Right now you need to appreciate that your education will be your saving grace. OK, you could go and get a job right now that pays minimum wage, and you'd be richer than all of your mates put together. But in a few years time, they'll have GCSEs, then A-Levels, and some of them may even go to university. Once they get qualifications, they're in a position where they can take-on skilled jobs, which will pay far more than yours ever will. They'll be driving around in flash cars, and going on nice holidays. You, however, will still be earning minimum wage, and won't be able to afford to hire a car, let alone buy one.

A great sense of pride comes with education. So what if you're skint while you're getting it? In time, you'll reap the rewards.

cheers mate that helped
any idea which job i can do while im in skool(when i start) tho so i dont have to get money from my parents i dont like it either
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I am 18 years old and every penny I get goes straight into a bank account to survive on at University. I haven't been out in a long time and do you know how I survive, by having decent friends that will come over to your house instead and will chat and watch tv, drink tea. Or if they are nice enough bring over a bottle of wine.

So what if they have the latest clothes, are you really so shallow as to think that's the meaning of life? You have the internet download music, it doesn't cost anything (though it's illegal but the chances of getting into trouble are nil), the last time I bought clothes was....last year. And I always seem to be well dressed.
To make matters worse I smoke, however my friends lend me cigarettes etc.

So what you haven't got £20, learn to save what you have and you'll get a tonne more cash when you do. As for jobs, if you get a job then well...you'll be working and you won't have time to spend the cash.
At one point I was at college full time and then earning £150 a week, my social life withered and died and I hated having all this money and nothing to spend it on.

Enjoy yourself and don't moan, it's not easy bringing up kids so leave your parents be!
--Zak--
(Original post by Danithestudent)
I am 18 years old and every penny I get goes straight into a bank account to survive on at University. I haven't been out in a long time and do you know how I survive, by having decent friends that will come over to your house instead and will chat and watch tv, drink tea. Or if they are nice enough bring over a bottle of wine.

So what if they have the latest clothes, are you really so shallow as to think that's the meaning of life? You have the internet download music, it doesn't cost anything (though it's illegal but the chances of getting into trouble are nil), the last time I bought clothes was....last year. And I always seem to be well dressed.

So what you haven't got £20, learn to save what you have and you'll get a tonne more cash when you do. As for jobs, if you get a job then well...you'll be working and you won't have time to spend the cash.
At one point I was at college full time and then earning £150 a week, my social life withered and died and I hated having all this money and nothing to spend it on.

Enjoy yourself and don't moan, it's not easy bringing up kids so leave your parents be!
ye ur rite ... just feel like im loosing it
Sami_ThePeelite
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
don't worry about it - i never go out, my friends ALWAYS come to my house and i still have no money
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Sami_ThePeelite)
don't worry about it - i never go out, my friends ALWAYS come to my house and i still have no money
I have a sort of ulterior motive with my mates coming over here, one of my best friends is a model and if we go out clubbing i feel pretty insignificant so sitting around drinking tea and eating chocolate cake, I hope she puts on weight
js_atco
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Danithestudent)

Couple of thoughts on this:

a) You should get yourself out and get used to getting drunk, you'll be doing it loads when you get to uni. If you can't handle your drink, you'll quickly be shunned by plenty of people who find you embarrassing. The amount of times I've had to put up with overly-p1ssed Freshers while I've been out, only to see them get thrown out, throw-up or cry. Don't be one of those, as they're an embarrassment, and you can see it in their "friends'" faces.

b) If you can't afford cigs, give-up smoking. Don't be a pikey nicking them from your friends. When they all go down the pub without you, they probably laugh at how pikey you are. Harsh, but I've seen this one before as well!
Trousers
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
Your parents have my sympathy

Hopefully you'll grow out of this selfish phase soon and realise that the world doesn't revolve around you.
I agree 100%. Think how they feel - they're trying to start a business and get enough money together to survive, and you're whining at them for cash all the time. It costs a lot of money to keep a house and a family.

Get a job.
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by js_atco)
Couple of thoughts on this:

a) You should get yourself out and get used to getting drunk, you'll be doing it loads when you get to uni. If you can't handle your drink, you'll quickly be shunned by plenty of people who find you embarrassing. The amount of times I've had to put up with overly-p1ssed Freshers while I've been out, only to see them get thrown out, throw-up or cry. Don't be one of those, as they're an embarrassment, and you can see it in their "friends'" faces
b) If you can't afford cigs, give-up smoking. Don't be a pikey nicking them from your friends. When they all go down the pub without you, they probably laugh at how pikey you are. Harsh, but I've seen this one before as well!
a)First of all I have an extremley high tolerance and there is a good supply of booze in the house, I've been brought up drinking and I've been sick ONCE and it was purple so everybody was entertained! I have built up a very good intolerance because when I was doing my A-Levels(i'm on a gap year) i used to go out every saturday and drink till 5am and sleep on pool tables . I spent £40 a week and then one day I thought f)*) it and that's what I did

b)As for that my friends don't care, I pay them back and I used to buy them cigs when they were 15 and I was the only one to get served! Plus my mum gives me cigs etc. I spend my £40 a month allowance on cigs etc and when I do have money I treat my friends, I get the drinks in. My friends are GOOD friends and they don't care. Believe me, I'm not a pikey. You just don't get pikeys where I live ya know
ToshTrent
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by --Zak--)
Money used to be a accessory in my life but now it seems like u need money to do every thing i dont like it but i have to get it sum way...

im 15 yrs old , i got expelled from school about 4months ago for something i haven't done.

They dont buy me anything any more, they depending on buying a shop but its been 6 months they keep saying the same things '' w8 till we get the shop ''
My friends i go out with have all the latest clothing & have like £20 in their pocket every time (not much but its more than i have for 2 weeks) & me just there having to be a follower now of wot they wanna do coz they the ladz with the money... coz of that they seem to be gettin wot they want

ill be 16 on November but i cnt w8 that long by then i think my life wud be OVER i dont want that to happen

any suggestions wot job i can do to make sum money atleast i wont be a dry person whos always broke...

i wudnt like to do paper rounds... babysitting ... or anything thats un cool if u understand me

So Zak, sounds like the tyical life of a 15 year old to me, of course your innocent, every one is...

As far as jobs are concerned you're rather limited due to your age, you can only work something like 8 hours a week, for a small amount of cash. Supermarkets do take a plan on to allow 15 year olds to do a bit of shelf stacking, but to be honest no shop job is cool. Perhaps pop around to a workshop out of town, and ask them if they need a saturday helper, u might only get £2.50 an hour, that's what I did, working in a furniture store, learnt to be a furniture finisher, if I ever need that skill later, got it behind me.

But get back to school, and ace your exams, if you don't your gona be screwed for sometime, look uncool cuz ur retaking @ college, then be 2 years behind ya mates again.

Perhaps get some mates in the same finance braket as you? Makes you feel **** if everyone's got more money than ya!

Cheers
Tosh
Owen_e_T
Report 15 years ago
Very sad, very very sad. It makes me cringe when i read posts like this. Winging about money and how 'cool' stuff is. Obviously your very naive, your parents are broke and i've never seen such an exageration on the effect money has. Your life will be 'OVER'??? Yeah, sure mate. Very sad..... (Get a paper round, it'll keep you fit as well!)
pepper
Report 15 years ago
So you say:

'My parents are lousy at being parents at most times in my point of veiw'

Do they make you tidy your room? Aww, diddums.

You little ****e, if you were my kid you'd get such a bloody hiding.
risk-is-good
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
You really are so ignorant of the world. Your life would be over? How about people with Cancer? HIV? Paralysed?

Stop moaning because from your post, you sound like a total spoilt brat who needs to learn how to write English.

You have a roof over your head, you are well fed and you are in one of the richest countries in the world. 90% of people your age on the face of the planet would kill to have the life and opportunities that you have.
Flicker
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by --Zak--)

go out and ask in shops/restaurants etc, if they need any saturday work. noone's going to find a job for you, sit down and think about what you can do then do it. my dad owns his own business and it means sometimes mnoney is tight, if you support your parents it will help more than badgering them for money they don't have. maybe when the shop is running you can have a job there. your friends probably feel the same as you anyway. so find a job, get back into school, then start saving up for things you want. it'll feel nicer if you've worked to achieve your aims than if you get hte money on the plate anyway.
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (117)
14.22%
Excited (81)
9.84%
Worried (153)
18.59%
Terrified (189)
22.96%
Meh (55)
6.68%
Confused (24)
2.92%