The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by priyanka44
Hi, I've been invited for a clinical science interview but I was wondering what sort of questions are they likely to ask?
Thanks
Congratulations? Im not sure what questions they will probably have to do with medicine. Whens your interview
Reply 61
Thanks, it's on the 20th November
Got a letter saying that I have been invited to the next round of interviews from January onwards :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
goodluck with all your interviews
Reply 64
I still aint applied yet, like aint sent off my application, would i still have a chance of getting in? plus do you guys think I should mention medicine in the personal statement? and if your kind enough what else I should include?
Hi,

Is it possible to apply for the foundation year if you are currently studying for biology and chemistry? Also my personal statement is medicine based, will this affect my application?

Thanks in advance
Original post by ninahstah
Hi,

Is it possible to apply for the foundation year if you are currently studying for biology and chemistry? Also my personal statement is medicine based, will this affect my application?

Thanks in advance

yes you can apply,

lots of people use medicine personal statements
Does anybody know if this course will be on UCAS extra?
Reply 68
Thanks, it's on the 20th November

Hey how do you think your interview went??

:biggrin:
Reply 69
Original post by Shajada
Hey how do you think your interview went??

:biggrin:

It went good I think, they asked questions based on my personal statement as well as some medicine questions. :smile:
Reply 70
It went good I think, they asked questions based on my personal statement as well as some medicine questions. :smile:

In terms of the medicine questions was it highly based on what is going on with the NHS or?
Hi does anybody know when Bradford starts handing out offers/rejections???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 72
Original post by wanttobeadotcor
Hi does anybody know when Bradford starts handing out offers/rejections???

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah they have started handing out interviews!
hi

i want to do foundation clinical sciences but everyone goes on about transferring to medicine, once i have completed the year are you allowed to transfer over to pharmacy or optometry??
Original post by adil hussain
hi

i want to do foundation clinical sciences but everyone goes on about transferring to medicine, once i have completed the year are you allowed to transfer over to pharmacy or optometry??

Yes you can transfer to pharm , optometry, nursing and some others
Reply 75
Does anyone have any notes they could send me from their foundation year in clinical sciences at bradford? Would be muchly appreciated!
Reply 76
Original post by GIWU
Does anyone have any notes they could send me from their foundation year in clinical sciences at bradford? Would be muchly appreciated!

There's plenty of time to learn what you need to learn in the academic year.

If you want a head start, (and never did Alevel sciences, like myself) have a look at their reading list for the course. I read the catch up biology and catch up chemistry series.

If you have done A level sciences, I would use this summer to relax. September - May is going to be busy!!
Reply 77
Original post by um12
There's plenty of time to learn what you need to learn in the academic year.

If you want a head start, (and never did Alevel sciences, like myself) have a look at their reading list for the course. I read the catch up biology and catch up chemistry series.

If you have done A level sciences, I would use this summer to relax. September - May is going to be busy!!

Thanks, I just feel like i need to be doing something productive. After a week of relaxing im starting to feel like I am wasting my time. Could you please send me a link to the reading list?
Hi I was considering applying for the foundation course. I do biology as an a level but I honestly could have achieved a better grade if it wasn’t for my laziness. I was originally gunna apply to do English, but realised I want to have a career in the health/science field. I was wondering wether if I did the foundation course if I would be able to transfer or be accepted to pharmacy???? And if I did do pharmacy would the chemistry be really hard?
Original post by SYRashid
Hi I was considering applying for the foundation course. I do biology as an a level but I honestly could have achieved a better grade if it wasn’t for my laziness. I was originally gunna apply to do English, but realised I want to have a career in the health/science field. I was wondering wether if I did the foundation course if I would be able to transfer or be accepted to pharmacy???? And if I did do pharmacy would the chemistry be really hard?

Did you end up applying? I applied a few mins ago loool. Apparently from what I've read, you can transfer to pharmacy after the foundation year. And of course the chemistry in pharmacy would be harder because it's degree level yo.

Latest

Trending

Trending