The Student Room Group

Mathematical proof god does/doesnt exist

I got what I was looking for, this can be deleted thanks
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
I often find proof/disproof for religion, science and unsolved mysteries by staring into the bottom of my tea cup (probably about the same liklihood as math disproving/proving existence of "god")

honestly like best thing I heard all day +1 lol
J_W-x

Sir a+bnz=x\dfrac{a + b^n}{z} = x therefore God exists; reply!

It was an exchange between Leonhard Euler and a French philosopher Diderot, I believe.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by LukeM90
I often find proof/disproof for religion, science and unsolved mysteries by staring into the bottom of my tea cup (probably about the same liklihood as math disproving/proving existence of "god")

honestly like best thing I heard all day +1 lol

I wasn't trying to say it does prove/disprove God's existence, I'm pretty sure this mathematician was arguing with a religious person or an atheist and just made up something random because the person they were arguing with wouldn't have been able to respond. It's just annoying me because I can't remember what it was :colondollar:
Reply 4
Original post by Felix Felicis
Sir a+bnz=x\dfrac{a + b^n}{z} = x therefore God exists; reply!

It was an exchange between Leonhard Euler and a French philosopher Diderot, I believe.

Yes! This is it, thanks and well remembered :biggrin:
Reply 5
well I hope you find it lol, reminds me of the eppisode of the IT crowd where jen tells the directors that "this (small black box) is the internet" and everyone believes it, much to moss and roys displeasure,

knowledge really is power lol
Oh that, the (very likely ficitonal) exchange between Euler and Didierot!? I thought you meant this (though it's not a formula, it is at least actually serious) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%B6del's_ontological_proof

Quick Reply

Latest