The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
For natural/organic ranges I'd say Amie, Balance Me and Organic Surge are all really nice and not too pricey. Personally, I use a lot of Soap and Glory which isn't a natural/organic line but it is good quality and they have quite a lot of choice so there's something for most skin types. I haven't tried it yet myself but I've also heard good things about Vichy.
Oil cleansing method. There is nothing more natural than using pure oils from nature.
i go to this shop near where i live and it's great for my very sensitive and dry skin! I burnt myself after using a simple moisturiser and using their orange and lemon moisturiser my skin was fine, if not better! but you can order online: http://naturallythinking.co.uk/

or the body shop or lush- i prefer lush as they actually use fresh whole ingredients, whereas the body shop still uses a lot of chemicals (they aren't harsh although)

xxx
Reply 5
Try fresh skincare line.

www.fresh.com

May be a bit pricy but if you have sensitive skin and are looking for quality skincare, I'd recommend it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Go to Holland and Barrats. Ask what they'd recommend for your skin. Then leave and order the exact same thing online for half the price.
Hope that helps. :smile:
Reply 7
Lush aren't natural- they use a tonne of chemicals including Parabens.
Reply 8
The oil cleansing method is great, it gets rid of all make-up. Here is a place where you can get organic cold-pressed oils. www.fushi.co.uk

Good brands are Pai, Skin Blossom, Nourish, Pukka and Herbfarmacy are good brands. They are Soil Association certified so they are organic. If a product says it is 'certified organic' but has no logo to say that it is, then it isn't and don't trust it. One of these brands that say 'certified organic' is Balance Me. A good place to get organic skincare and haircare is Naturisimo, they have free shipping too.

Organisations that certify organic products are the Soil Association, USDA Organic and Eco-cert.
(edited 10 years ago)
I always go with natural beauty and skin care products. I don't want products with so many chemicals so I opt organic products. I used lemon to whiten dark spots and blemishes. Oatmeal and honey are good too. Papaya or pawpaw ointment is best for insect bites and does not leave dark marks.
I use African black soap to wash my face ( you can use it as a body wash too). It is full of natural ingredients and it leaves my face feeling fresh and clean, and most importantly awake :wink:
Reply 11
Is there any specific oil known to improve acne prone skin?
Reply 12
I would suggest living libations for you and if you have sensitive skin like I do and you do not have a big budget, I got what I am confident to term miraculous result with ditching any kind of face washes etc. Oat as in Quaker oats to wash your face and body and drench your face with avocado oil 10-15 before you have your shower or bath where you will wash it off with palm soaked oats. After your shower preferably in the evening use coconut oil all over your body and face, avoid washing your body and face too much in the morning as your skin has been overnight been repairing itself, sprinkle it awake with a power shower and pat dry and off we go. My skin according to a dematologist is 7 years younger than me because of this routine
Original post by LadyBirdy
Hey everyone,

I'm looking to develop a skincare routine as i virtually have a non-existent one at present (bad, i know!). Anyway, ideally i would like to use natural/organic products as i have very sensitive skin. So does anyone have any recommendations of products etc?

Many thanks! :smile:

You should go with natural products, I meant the products which you are using is herbal such herbal products will definitely works on your skin as I notices. So, you can try these!

Moisturiser for Men
Reply 14
Original post by LadyBirdy
Is there any specific oil known to improve acne prone skin?

Do an oil cleanse at night with Olivado's Avocado oil which you can at Waitrose for £3 and Pukka's Castor Oil or Fushi's Hazelnut Oil.

In the morning, soak a cotton pad with distilled witch hazel diluted with some water and use that to wash your face, add a serum, preferably an organic one, look at Naturisimo.com. Read the ingredients and make sure it has no lavender oil in it, it's a skin irritant that causes break outs for acne-prone skin (I learned the hard way), then moisturise with either an organic cream or another oil. (I suggest Fushi's Rosehip oil. It's also good for lightening ance scars.)

It's also good to do an acne-fighting mask once a week and a brightening mask twice a week.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 15
Skincare can be quite soothing and relaxing. I find it so. The routine of it makes me feel good.

If you have oily skin, you still need to moisturise. So many people with oily skin don't moisturise because they think it will make their skin oilier. Wrong. Many products aimed towards oily skin are incredibly drying, which shocks the skin and makes it produce more oil, and thus, the cycle continues. Don't use products aimed at oily skin, use ones that are aimed at normal skin.

Don't use drying products like benzoyl peroxide to dry out spots. The reason they are there in the first place is because of dryness, moisturise! If it's hormonal acne, still moisturise, but also do masks and drink plenty of water and eat plenty of vegetables

I highly recommend a South Korean skin routine. It goes like this:

Morning:
Cleanser - Toner (A Korean toner is moisturising, not drying like ours are.) - Serum/Essence - Gel (To lightly moisturise) - Cream (To moisturise further, especially if you have dry skin. Feel your skin, if it seems tight, dry and not soft, use a little cream. Add some little by little.) - Sunscreen

Evening:
Oil-Cleanse (To get rid of make-up) - Cleanser - Toner (If you use your toner to "get rid of the rest of the make-up", you need a new cleanser.) - Serum/Essence/Night serum - Gel - Cream - Mask (Optional)

A good place to get Korean skincare is either roseroseshop.com or cosmetic-love.com.

Good brands to use are Benton (Highly recommend! The best skincare I have ever used, and it is chemical free.) and Missha (Their Time Revolution Night Repair Ampoule (Serum basically) rivals, maybe even better than, Estee Lauders Advanced Night Repair at a fraction of the price, with better ingredients and a more high-end feel. Their bottle is made from glass, whilst Estee Lauders is made from brown plastic.)
For other alternatives use Ciracle, Mizon, From Nature, ElishaCoy, Skinfood, Innisfree, Laneige and Nature Republic.

You have to remember that South Korea's beauty industry is incredibly competitive, even more so than ours. Due to this, their skincare is better than ours and have better ingredients. I recommend to invest. And they have so many sales! One is on right now at both roseroseshop.com and cosmetic-love.com due to Korean New Year. Get buying!
Good luck. :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by HuttonM
I would suggest living libations for you and if you have sensitive skin like I do and you do not have a big budget, I got what I am confident to term miraculous result with ditching any kind of face washes etc. Oat as in Quaker oats to wash your face and body and drench your face with avocado oil 10-15 before you have your shower or bath where you will wash it off with palm soaked oats. After your shower preferably in the evening use coconut oil all over your body and face, avoid washing your body and face too much in the morning as your skin has been overnight been repairing itself, sprinkle it awake with a power shower and pat dry and off we go. My skin according to a dematologist is 7 years younger than me because of this routine

Do you have any of the links to the products you use? Thanks
Reply 17
I recommend a face mask that includes natural products
Ingredients:
Turmeric (a pinch)
Egg yolk
Yoghurt (one tea spoon)
Honey (one tea spoon)
Lemon (2 or 3 drops)
Mix it all together and put on your skin evenly and leave it on for 10-20 minutes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
One of the best natural skincare brand that have come across is the Falling in love collection at bellaj.co.uk (natural products filled with Natural thoughts) and believe me I have tried a lot as I have really sensitive troublesome skin that hates nasty chemicals).
I am obsessed with the gel cleanser (Blossom- how cute) it removes every last bit of makeup and leave my face soft, calm and super clean.
The moisturiser (beautiful) no puns intended works beautifully. It leaves my skin soft, glowing due to natural ingredient of rice and is a perfect pass for makeup.
The whole collection is beautiful and the website is always a feast for the eyes.
This brand has changed my skin and I hope it help you too xx
Maybe check out the body shop they are good but not sure if they meet your criteria in terms of being 100% organic and natural. None the less go in and ask a consultant there then leave and purchase products which do meet your criteria which contain the ingredients the body shop consultant recommended for you.

Latest