The Student Room Group

How is everyone feeling about results? Add your vote!

Poll

How confident are you about your results?

So there's just under three weeks to go until results day - how's everyone feeling?

Where do you think you fit on the confidence scale? Add your vote! :smile:

(oh - and in case you've not seen it - we've got a new results day & Clearing hub with tons of info and advice...)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hasn't hit me that results day is 20 days away. so in the mean time i'll continue to live in my little bubble until about 3 days before where i'll hide under my covers in isolation and fear, only leaving for the toilet and food :smile:
I think nervous has been used quite alot :lol:

Spoiler

Reply 3
Don't know about you lot but I voted for this.
I think I've done worse than predicted
Not being pessimistic just realistic.
Im scared! And im really going to cry on results day! :cry2:
Worried about it, the more I think about it the more I lose my hopes :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
i'm very scared...
can't let myself get excited about university when i know it's unlikely i'll get the grades :frown:
Reply 7
Im so scareddd :"(

Posted from TSR Mobile
I resat a couple of Maths papers and I was on course to get an A, but then I did the Edexcel C3 exam which was insanely difficult (it even made the news it was so ridiculous) and I did much worse than I expected. The C4 exam was more difficult than usual as well so I'm very worried about my grade. I just hope my uni will let me in on a B.
Original post by rainbow.panda
I resat a couple of Maths papers and I was on course to get an A, but then I did the Edexcel C3 exam which was insanely difficult (it even made the news it was so ridiculous) and I did much worse than I expected. The C4 exam was more difficult than usual as well so I'm very worried about my grade. I just hope my uni will let me in on a B.

I'm in the same situation...re sat nearly all my maths modules in one last attempt to get as much marks as possible. They were going fine until c4...the one which I crashed and burned on to say the least. Probably did horrible in c3 too because I can't do functions to save my life XD

Oh well, nothing we can do but wait now I guess ...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
I've worried so much that I don't even care anymore :smile: plus I have my gap year if all goes downhill...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't think I'll get my predicted grades, but I'm in a fairly lucky position, because even if I don't, I should still be able to get my first choice. I'm predicted A*A*B (but there is no way I'm going to get that - Genuinely don't know what my teacher was smoking when I was predicted an A* in German), but the absolute minimum that I need is ABB, which I should have got.

Think I'll probably end up with AAB, which I'd be very happy with. :smile:
Think I will get my predicted grades as I did well for AS last year. However a few of my A level exams this year could have gone better so i'm really hoping I did enough to get into my firm uni :/ If I don't get in it will be by a narrow margin i'm sure.
I think I've done enough to meet my predictions but everytime I think that I start to wonder what the grade boundaries will be and whether I got that mark on that question, or about that other mark in that other question... hurry up 15th August please :cry2:
I think I've got more or less what I'd hoped for in two of my subjects but in my other two subjects, (English Language and English Lit) I haven't got a clue really - English is such a hard subject to be able to judge how well you've done! (I'm waiting for AS results by the way). But yeah, I'm extremely nervous but hopeful that I'll have done alright - just getting really impatient to find out now! :colonhash:
Terrible, I'm positive I didn't get my A in maths, which means no uni for me *sob*
Original post by Maid Marian
Terrible, I'm positive I didn't get my A in maths, which means no uni for me *sob*

oh no. what was your offer and for what course if you don't mind me being really nosey :biggrin:
Original post by theCreator
oh no. what was your offer and for what course if you don't mind me being really nosey :biggrin:

ABB for Pure Maths :frown:
I was predicted an A* as well but I royally screwed up my exam. :frown:
Original post by Maid Marian
ABB for Pure Maths :frown:
I was predicted an A* as well but I royally screwed up my exam. :frown:

I'm sure you've done better than you expected :smile: I was in a similar situation in january but found out I did much better than I thought.

Question is will you have the guts and courage to look on the UCAS website first or will you open the dreaded results day letter? :biggrin:
Original post by theCreator
I'm sure you've done better than you expected :smile: I was in a similar situation in january but found out I did much better than I thought.

Question is will you have the guts and courage to look on the UCAS website first or will you open the dreaded results day letter? :biggrin:

I doubt it, going by the unofficial mark scheme :frown:

I'll open the letter. :smile: I have to go into school to get my results, and if I've already seen that I didn't get in then I'll be in a state and probably won't be able to pull myself together enough to go to school & get my results anyway:frown:

Quick Reply

Latest