The Student Room Group

The McDonalds Thread Mk II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by laurenld
Had my first shift yesterday... I was on fried products, it was good as I learnt a lot... the chart for the holder confused me though!

Do you not have e-production? Or are you working at a grill direct store?
Original post by Shorty94
Do you not have e-production? Or are you working at a grill direct store?

What's a grill direct store?
What's a grill direct store?

Does your store have a big production bin where there's runs of food stored?

(Macs/quarters/ham/cheese ect)
Does your store have a big production bin where there's runs of food stored?

(Macs/quarters/ham/cheese ect)

Oh you mean the UHC? Yes! I was batch cooking the fried products as well as stocking up from the freezers and cleaning the area including skimming the vats, in the dive etc
Oh you mean the UHC? Yes! I was batch cooking the fried products as well as stocking up from the freezers and cleaning the area including skimming the vats, in the dive etc

No, not the UHC.

I'm guessing you're an eotf store then.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So I recently got my first payslip from McDonalds, but it's password protected, and I wasn't given a heads up about a password. I tried my MyStuff password, and my OurLounge password,but nothing's happening. How do I receive my password? Is it worth heading into work to find out?
Original post by TehSkittles
So I recently got my first payslip from McDonalds, but it's password protected, and I wasn't given a heads up about a password. I tried my MyStuff password, and my OurLounge password,but nothing's happening. How do I receive my password? Is it worth heading into work to find out?

Your MySchedule Password?
No, not the UHC.

I'm guessing you're an eotf store then.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I never got told what type of store it is!
I never got told what type of store it is!

Do you have kiosks.
Do you have kiosks.

The self-service machines? Yep we do. No drive thru or table service though!
Your MySchedule Password?

I've tried that as well, nothing.
Original post by TehSkittles
I've tried that as well, nothing.

Yeah contact the store then!
Hi folks basically i was meant to have my first shift on Monday but i thought it was next week Monday (so ive missed it but i have another one shift on Saturday). However, on Tuesday i phoned the store and spoke to the manager and she said check mysceudule, so she wasnt aware of my absence. What shall i do or what shall i say on Saturday FYI i got my uniform on Sunday.
your help will be appreciated
Reply 6093
Hey Guys!

So, just a quick question:
How long does it approximately take for a New Starter to be fully trained? Only reason why I ask is that I don't like getting 2 shifts a week, cuz I'm not fully trained. xD
Original post by H.S.H
Hey Guys!

How long does it approximately take for a New Starter to be fully trained? Only reason why I ask is that I don't like getting 2 shifts a week, cuz I'm not fully trained. xD

You won't be fully trained straightaway, just the basics... I believe it's the first three weeks until you have a performance review then if all being well, you're placed onto the Crew Development Programme so you can start getting your stars!
Original post by H.S.H
Hey Guys!

2 shifts a week?

This is my first week; so I got 3 shifts then next week I have 4 shifts!
hello, ive been working at McDonald for about a week now and i've been putting the tomato and stuff on the burger. i was wondering if there are sheets online for those kinds of stuff. i went on the mystuff page and i couldn't find anything on it. im a huge burden, ive been show how to do it but i keep on forgetting. (ive gotten the grasp of big macs and double cheeseburgers but the classics, wraps and big tasty are what keep on f***ing me over.)

i haven't been through all of the messages on the thread since there is alot but ive been searching the web and i couldn't find anything relevant.

there seems to be only one video for the wraps and it has a password on it. if anyone could tell me what goes on the big flavour wraps and snack wraps it would be appreciated.

thanks.

edit: ive found the classics :biggrin:

https://www.ourlounge.co.uk/group/ourlounge-uk/yj_yn_signature-collection
theres a link if i find the rest ill put a link up too. (if im allowed...?)

edit#2: heres the video for the big tasty

https://www.ourlounge.co.uk/group/ourlounge-uk/yj_yn_food-promotion?inheritRedirect=true
(edited 6 years ago)
Hi everyone. Has anyone done the Vital Ingredients Workbook? I'm stuck on the planning and organisational skills page because I can't think of an example. Can anyone help? :confused:
Reply 6098
Hi everyone, I have orientation tomorrow and on the email it said t bring original bank details and a coloured photocopy what does this mean?
Hi, I've just started working at McDonald's and for the past 5 shifts I've been at the till. What I want to know is how long it is before I get to try out the other roles.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending