The Student Room Group

Should I include these in my work. exp.?

Hi guys,

Economics PS question.

A few years ago I was successfully participated in a few online projects through outsourcing websites: I was the forum moderator of a trading forum sponsored by a brokerage, I was kind of a researcher for a global investment site, and was an assistant for an internet marketing company selling online trading (forex) courses. All done remotely.

This summer I was also a summer intern at a leading, retail brokerage here in our country (spent time on each department).

In my PS I mention only my summer internship (considering it was a real-life experience, was not done through the internet) and myself being a researcher for this so called global investment site.

Do you guys think I picked the right "two" to mention in my PS as work experience?

Also let me note here my internship was unpaid, but all the others were paid. Do you guys think I should add onto my UCAS App (not the personal statement) all the work experience I had?

Ima a bit worried, because the work exp. I had (despite the summer internship) all relate to forex trading only, and not really to Economics.

Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by Szmessh
Hi guys,

Economics PS question.

A few years ago I was successfully participated in a few online projects through outsourcing websites: I was the forum moderator of a trading forum sponsored by a brokerage, I was kind of a researcher for a global investment site, and was an assistant for an internet marketing company selling online trading (forex) courses. All done remotely.

This summer I was also a summer intern at a leading, retail brokerage here in our country (spent time on each department).

In my PS I mention only my summer internship (considering it was a real-life experience, was not done through the internet) and myself being a researcher for this so called global investment site.

Do you guys think I picked the right "two" to mention in my PS as work experience?

Also let me note here my internship was unpaid, but all the others were paid. Do you guys think I should add onto my UCAS App (not the personal statement) all the work experience I had?

Ima a bit worried, because the work exp. I had (despite the summer internship) all relate to forex trading only, and not really to Economics.

Thanks!

Economics in a way links with trading so I would say put it on your UCAS as work experience had because it will still be credited.
Reply 2
Anybody else feedback guys? Thanks AhmedDavid.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending