does anyone want to take charge of the UKL picture site? Watch

This discussion is closed.
shazza
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
I am not going to come here anymore, because every time I do, I am getting hacked into!
shazza
Rep:
?
I will just leave it to slowly rot away then..... if anyone changes there mind let me know [email protected] bye everyone!
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
im not bein horrible shazza, but id appreciate it if u cud somehow cut ste out of my pictures, and also get rid of those valentines days prezzys pik. thanks.
kita
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by shazza)
I will just leave it to slowly rot away then..... if anyone changes there mind let me know [email protected] bye everyone!
Nooo u cant leave!!!
ruthiepoothie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I am not going to come here anymore, because every time I do, I am getting hacked into!
please stay
shazza
Rep:
?
If the mods will make my IP address invisible to other users, I will. But i am not having bloody idiots hacking into my pc anymore!!
shazza
Rep:
?
(Original post by lumpycustard)
im not bein horrible shazza, but id appreciate it if u cud somehow cut ste out of my pictures, and also get rid of those valentines days prezzys pik. thanks.
sure darlin, all I ws waiting for was your go ahead
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If the mods will make my IP address invisible to other users, I will. But i am not having bloody idiots hacking into my pc anymore!!
You could go on options and click on the invisible mode. Our IP address is available to other users??? You're kidding? :eek:
SasunD
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i swear that you kan't see user's ip addresses. i think oly mods kan see it. so you have someone whos very intent on hacking you, by hacking this site to see ur ip address, or one of mods is doing it(not very likely), or someone is hacking you from somewhere else, totally unrelated to UKL. dunno..........
shazza
Rep:
?
(Original post by waiting2smile)
You could go on options and click on the invisible mode. Our IP address is available to other users??? You're kidding? :eek:
I thought so, I must have seen it just in my profile though, because I looked through some other users profile and I cannot see it. Anyway, I have possible sorted out my firewall to block anything from this site, which means I cannot see anything that is animated (i.e. avatars) or any images. I might stay now, but if I get hacked again, I will really have to stop coming
shazza
Rep:
?
(Original post by SasunD)
i swear that you kan't see user's ip addresses. i think oly mods kan see it. so you have someone whos very intent on hacking you, by hacking this site to see ur ip address, or one of mods is doing it(not very likely), or someone is hacking you from somewhere else, totally unrelated to UKL. dunno..........
yeah, ur right about the IP thing, it is definitely someone here, It has happened when on this site, and this has been the only browser/access point to the net. They have opened up my computer , but I caught them quickly when I heard the zip drive fire up. I think I may have blocked them now, but someone keeps trying, because my firewall is giving me the same IP number who is trying to get access. Is there any legal way I can get them, say with a ping or sommat?
SasunD
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
yeah, ur right about the IP thing, it is definitely someone here, It has happened when on this site, and this has been the only browser/access point to the net. They have opened up my computer , but I caught them quickly when I heard the zip drive fire up. I think I may have blocked them now, but someone keeps trying, because my firewall is giving me the same IP number who is trying to get access. Is there any legal way I can get them, say with a ping or sommat?
http://visualroute.visualware.com/
you just need to set up a free account, and when you type in the ip it will give you the person ISP, and probably rough location. then you could e-mail their ISP, telling them the IP address and time you found the IP address. that way the ISP will know who did it. im not sure if they will act on it though.

however, if you have a smart hacker, (most probably not, as you wont have government document or anything important to them), he/she might be using a proxy, which will make it harder to track.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
report the ip address to the mods (by a pm) - they'll be able to check it against members of the site.

If it is a UK-L member then they'll be able to ban them....if it's just someone who's looking at the site but not a member then things will be more difficult to sort out.

At the very least you should be able to find out which ISP owns that IP address and reprt them for abuse.
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i dont mind taking charge of it i always use tripod and i always deal with website stuff
DazYa
Badges:
Report 14 years ago
you're getting pwned
Nylex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by waiting2smile)
It isn't. IPs are logged, but we can't get access to them.. only mods can.
Nylex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You need to get rid of whatever trojan is giving people access to your machine. Have you got a virus scanner?
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
The IP's are not availiable to other users. Send me the IP by pm and I'll see if it's anyone we know.
dazmanultra
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
What firewall software are you running?

Have you done a virus scan recently?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (52)
29.89%
No - I got the required grades (100)
57.47%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (22)
12.64%

Watched Threads