Watch
This discussion is closed.
Becky15
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Secretnerd123)
Thanks so much for informing me. I really didnt know anorexia is actually a state of mind. If you dont mind can you please explain further. Do anorexic people constantly feel that they are fat and eat but vomit it out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Anorexia is minimal to no food consumption with an overwhelming feeling of distress when it comes to eating, usually caused by issues with control or feeling 'fat'.
Bulemia tends to be purging the two can cross over but more than likely they're diagnosed with one of the two. There are many different types of anorexia but non refer to 'looking anorexic'
beckaroo7
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If your frame size is below average then it'll probably be ok. See how you look at 8 though, think an 8 is perfect for your height
Jennifer01
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I couldn't agree more!!!! I'm a size 8, very healthy, energetic and I dont have any problems with my body. More than happy in my own skin. But day to day is very different ..... a lot of people i know make jokes like
Theghostwrighter
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No as long as you make healthy sustainable lifestyle choices to reach that target you’ll find that it will become unrecognisable. I’m 5:11 and I dropped from a 14 to a 4 in a year and I get told that I’m skinny by larger people but for me I’ve finally found a good place where I’m happy with myself
Jade_Lewis
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am in recovery from anorexia and I’m a size 6/8. I am 5”6 and I have a therapist who still says I am underweight for my height. No periods for two years (btw I am 15 now) and I have just about or just under my healthy weight now. More of a size 8 though now which is okay! I can get into a size 4/6 depending on the clothing item. But it’s not a healthy size to be. Anorexia is horrible to live with and I would never wish for anyone else to have it from me. I am certainly a lot better than I was but I just gotta keep going. Not everyday is a great day for me and, I feel like relapsing but I know it’s not a good idea in the long run.
username5161354
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’m not anorexic, and I am a size 6/8. I am 5ft 4 and 8 and a half stone Hope this helps
Jade_Lewis
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by blueberrybowl)
I’m not anorexic, and I am a size 6/8. I am 5ft 4 and 8 and a half stone Hope this helps
I don’t know how I am not quite 8 and a half stone and I’m 5”6 . Maybe you hold more muscle?
username5161354
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jade_Lewis)
I don’t know how I am not quite 8 and a half stone and I’m 5”6 . Maybe you hold more muscle?
I doubt it - I never exercise! Not exactly something to brag about..
hjm40213550
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Honestly as long as you get to the weight healthy and don’t starve yourself/employ other EDs to get there, be whatever size you want. I’m 5ft7 and size 6/8/10 (cause everywhere sizes things differently) and I’ve never had physical problems because of my weight so I’d say that size is great if that’s what u want
Lulu8855522
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I would say a size 6 is average and not skinny
Lulu8855522
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Definitely not a size 6 isn’t to small nore is a size 8 I would consider it average definitely not skinny ( I’m a size 4 and I wondnt say that’s to skinny either )
я люблю собак
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm between a uk size 4 and 6...I'm skinny and it's not exactly healthy because I do have eating issues but I'm not anorexic. I'm just naturally skinny and regardless of how much I do or dont eat I don't gain or even lose much weight. so nah I wouldn't say so, everyones bodies are diffrent and size doesnt determine a eating disorder/medical condition, most its geneticists or fast/slow metabolisms
hootdoot04
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Anorexia is a serious mental disorder not a ****ing body type, jesus christ
username5384492
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by username1039383)
Im a size 10/12 atm and really want to become that size. Im going to work really hard to achieve it but do you think its too skinny. Im 5ft5

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm a size 8, 5 foot 7 almost
Zara_muntaha7
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’m 10/12 I don’t think it consider skinny they are perfect just like other size as you are 5’5 I think you are fine but if you work for size s go on as long it’s healthy and make you happy .but don’t be dumb like me who used to starve and thinking starving make you look like those hourglass girls
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (46)
13.37%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (93)
27.03%
I'm a bit unsure (60)
17.44%
I'm finding things difficult (115)
33.43%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (30)
8.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed