The Student Room Group

Advice needed on validity of A-levels for foreign mature applicant

Hi! I'm from Singapore and I intend to leave my decade-long teaching career to pursue a second degree in physiotherapy in a UK university, hopefully in the following year. I have my A-levels from 1992 and I have a degree in accountancy. Are my A-levels still valid for the application? If not, what do I have to do, as a foreign mature applicant, to qualify for entry? Your help and advice is much appreciated. Thank you. :smile:
Reply 1
A Levels don't "expire" so they'll always be valid.

However, many universities will ask for evidence of recent academic activity. I suggest looking at courses and finding maybe six which appeal to you. Then email each university individually, explain your situation and qualifications, and ask what the entry requirements for that course would be for you.

Mature student entry requirements are a lot more flexible than those posted on a university website and published in their prospectus. They're not really publicised, so you do have to ask.

In the UK, you'll be paying full overseas fees, which will make you very attractive to many universities. You can expect them to give you good advice and to offer as much help as they can. Good luck!
Reply 2
Thank you so much for your fast response and very useful advice. I'll start sending out the emails!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending