The Student Room Group

Guys, why would you friend an ex on facebook?

Guys, why would you friend an ex on facebook?

(See question above). Am genuinely curious, is all.
Is it to get back together? Be friends? Assuming said girl is sweet and shy and studious and not at all a 'booty-call' type....
Reply 1
Did you already ask this? If not then there was an identical post yesterday or the day before. The general jist of that thread was that 9 times out of 10 it's just an add to be nosy, to see what they are doing with their lives etc.

Try not to get caught up on them wanting to get back together as it's more than likely purely platonic on their part unless they initiate something and start giving signals they want you back.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I can't say for men, but if I was to add an ex on Facebook it would just be out of curiosity to see what they're doing now/ if they had a new girlfriend etc. Either that or that I do genuinely still want to be friends. I wouldn't look too deeply into it if my ex added me though.
Reply 3
Yes.
Reply 4
Ex's should be blocked...
Reply 5
I'm still friends with my ex.
We're nothing more than just "friends" according to facebook.
There was a reason you had a relationship with them in the first place, because you liked them as a person, well usually. So why would you not have them on Facebook as they are someone who clearly is a potential friend. Unless it was a screwed up relationship/breakup that's different.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Because sometimes a relationship doesn't end in screams and slamming - sometimes things just aren't practical any more - maybe you just drift apart, or one of you has to move away - so you step the relationship back down to friendship.

Break up doesn't necessarily mean shut away.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending