The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shingekinodying
You're giving me an anxiety attack here... I'm pretty sure the 15th october deadline was for medicine, vet and dentistry. But I'm surprised that you got a reply in that short amount of time. Did they say when your interview will be?

You might be right, I'm not sure. They've given me 3 dates to choose from in December, January and February.
Original post by kittykat185
You might be right, I'm not sure. They've given me 3 dates to choose from in December, January and February.

Choose an early date :smile: get it over and done with and you still have a lot of time to prepare
Choose an early date :smile: get it over and done with and you still have a lot of time to prepare

You're right, I'll try and get in early, I know there's a maths test, so I need to prepare for that.
Reply 63
Original post by JordanUK
Ye I have, I'm going to apply to Northumbria (Where I definitely want to go), Teeside and Birmingham City Uni. Where else did you apply to?

Oh! nice! I'm also applying to BCU!. Only 3 unis?

University of Portsmouth
Birmingham City University
Anglia Ruskin University
Edge Hill University
Reply 64
Original post by Lt93
Oh! nice! I'm also applying to BCU!. Only 3 unis?

University of Portsmouth
Birmingham City University
Anglia Ruskin University
Edge Hill University

Ye I have decided only to apply to 3 because although I really do want on a course, im only going to apply to unis I think Id be happy studying at. And Northumbria is closest to my home. Us Northerners dont like being far from the mothership lol :-)
Reply 65
Ye I have decided only to apply to 3 because although I really do want on a course, im only going to apply to unis I think Id be happy studying at. And Northumbria is closest to my home. Us Northerners dont like being far from the mothership lol :-)

Oh, that's good then :smile:. So does that mean you'll be living at home?.
I wouldn't mind living far away haha; some independence would be nice XD
Reply 66
Original post by Lt93
Oh, that's good then :smile:. So does that mean you'll be living at home?.
I wouldn't mind living far away haha; some independence would be nice XD

No I will be moving out, but close enough to go home on the odd weekend and not have to travel for ages lol. I'm going to get my UCAS sent off in the next two weeks, getting a panic on about not having sent it off yet.
Reply 67
Hi guys! I'm also applying for the ODP course and I'm getting my UCAS application sent off this coming friday

I'd like to ask what would be the most essential things to include in my personal statement because it's over 4000 characters and I'm having difficulty deciding which bits to delete :frown:(

I'd be grateful for any help you can provide :biggrin:
Hi everyone,

Probably a bit premature in posting this thread but I have had a look and there doesn't seem to be one made already. It's here for us people on here who are considering applying for Operating Department Practice courses starting in 2014, to chat about qualifications, applications, interviews and offers.

Looking forward to hearing from you all :smile:

Jordan.

Hi i am really hoping to be accepted on to this course too, can't wait hopefully they will take me :smile:
What grades and experience does everyone have :smile:
Original post by Missjessieowen95
What grades and experience does everyone have :smile:

BTEC Medical Science - D*D*
Psychology - B
Art - A
Experience: Residential home during high school, will be doing hospital volunteering on February, peer mentoring at my college(is this even relevant work exp? Surrey says they consider exps like this)

Worried so much because I'm doing BTEC and that I haven't really done any recent experience and the hospital won't let me do shadowing. My reference isn't looking very good either as there's a lot of emphasis on Art mainly because I did well in AS. >_< I really shouldn't have done it. /sighs
I am hoping to come out with D*D*D in BTEC public services, and i have 10 GCSE from A-C including science Biology, Maths, English and Additional Science i am also working at Queens court Hospice doing more of the nursing because my Auntie used to work there and got me in on the medical side. I am trying to speak to southport hospital about shadowing an ODP. :biggrin:
Psychology - B
Art - A
Experience: Residential home during high school, will be doing hospital volunteering on February, peer mentoring at my college(is this even relevant work exp? Surrey says they consider exps like this)

Worried so much because I'm doing BTEC and that I haven't really done any recent experience and the hospital won't let me do shadowing. My reference isn't looking very good either as there's a lot of emphasis on Art mainly because I did well in AS. >_< I really shouldn't have done it. /sighs

I am also worried about the interview, i really hope i get in :frown:
Psychology - B
Art - A

I also drive and have my own car, and only live 13 minutes away from Edge hill so will be living at home :smile:
Reply 74
Has anyone had any offers coming in yet?
Psychology - B
Art - A

I'm doing medical science as well along with ICT and health and social care, I have been told that Medical Science is accepted by the uni's so don't worry!
Reply 76
Anyone who's applying to northumbria have you sent off your application yet?
Reply 77
Original post by Jenhan
Anyone who's applying to northumbria have you sent off your application yet?

No i haven't sent mine yet. it should be by the end of next week now. Have you?
Reply 78
Original post by Lt93
Got an interview on 6th November at Edge Hill Uni. Does anyone know what kind of questions they will ask and what kind of interview is it?. Does it include English and maths tests? One to one?. :smile:

I had an interview at their Manchester campus. First there was a maths test followed by an English test and finally an interview, which was two staff versus the interviewee. I didn't get an offer from Edge Hill, but I was glad of the interview experience.
Reply 79
No i haven't sent mine yet. it should be by the end of next week now. Have you?

No not yet, should be done in the next few weeks - just got a bit worried seeing people applying to other unis and already have replies! :s-smilie:

Are you applying to teeside aswell?

Latest