Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This has baffled me for quite some time. Does anybody have a reasonable answer?

ReputationRep:
    depends who you talk to...I know a lot of man sluts

ReputationRep:
    studs = tossers imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_red_sox)
    aha, you've seen the other thread.

The amazing thing is, is that those who are sexually-promiscuous (men and women) are so good looking and we should all aspire to be amongst such fine company :rolleyes: One or two in that thread assume that because some of us aren't sexually promiscuous, or the 'stud' or 'player', we are all personality-inept, looks-devoid and what not....fascinating isn't it :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    cos if a guy can get a lot he has 'skills' apprantly and shows his manlyness whereas a girl is just showing how easy she is or low standards etc..
    generally due to guys making the opening move etc

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't matter.

Everyone is stupid.

ReputationRep:
    its really pretty simple - men see it as a sign of succesfulness within their peers, i.e., the "win" is statistical, whereas for a woman the one who "wins" is the one who gets the best bloke, i.e., not the most.
    There is also a load of stuff about social acceptability too, but it really doesn't matter...

ReputationRep:
    Nope but I call 'studs' sluts anyway. Both are often a danger for the spreading of disease, since not all of them are as careful as they should be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    depends who you talk to...I know a lot of man sluts
    yea, LPK is a slut..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    aha, you've seen the other thread.

The amazing thing is, is that those who are sexually-promiscuous (men and women) are so good looking and we should all aspire to be amongst such fine company :rolleyes: One or two in that thread assume that because some of us aren't sexually promiscuous, or the 'stud' or 'player', we are all personality-inept, looks-devoid and what not....fascinating isn't it :rolleyes:
    Nobody said that. It is not all about having sex, it might be about trying to attract one person you like and having a long-term relationship. Giving advice to people who are finding it difficult with the opposite sex is not a crime. Maybe you don't have a problem but there are many people do. It doesn't mean that I want all people to become sexually promiscuous 'players'.

ReputationRep:
    men are designed to have sex with as many women as possible, therefore fulfilling this makes him the alpha male

ReputationRep:
    The concept of these terms being used to refer to both sexes is a little optomistic.

He's a slut.

He is such a slut.

He is a slut.

She's such a stud.

She's a stud.

She is a stud.

????

Out of interest, when did 'slut' suddenly mean a lass who couldn't keep her knickers on?

ReputationRep:
    It has always meant that. And the reason stud doesn't work for both sexes is because it is used to refer to male horses. There is also the curious phenomena of men being called *****es, when that term should be used only for women.

ReputationRep:
    Society.

And also men thinks it's a sign of how great they are if they can bed loads of women. Women tend to be more into psychological bonding so the 'act of love' is just a sign that the women is easy. I dunno how to explain it... Also, it could be just because other women are jealous of a 'slut'. *Shrug* Who knows...

ReputationRep:
    I don't just call sexually promiscuous women 'sluts', I only use sluts when refering to a girl whose running around having unprotected sex, and constantly having sex while drunk etc...generally dangerous stuff like that, and I'd call a guy a slut who was doing the same thing. If they're being careful and having protected sex, I don't name call them.

ReputationRep:
    In a similar way, why is a male virgin above a certain age a 'geek', and a female virgin of the same age, merely 'saving herself', or whatever?

The answer is simple: it's men that have to do all the running, and make the first move, in society; women don't have to make an effort. Hence, if a bloke's bedding many women, his efforts are paying off, whereas a woman is simply accepting offers. It's far easier for a woman to get a shag, than it is for a man; blokes are far more lecherous, and face more competition for the opposite sex, than are/do women (hence, why it's women that are prostitutes, not men). This said, for a bloke to have bedded however many women is literally more of an achievement, than for a woman to have bedded the same number of men.

On a related, and less insulting to women, note, it's only blokes that are said to "get lucky".

ReputationRep:
    its because men are fundementally superior to women :P...

i agree with dyslexic banana....

ReputationRep:
    In short, because a man having sex is an achievement, whereas a woman has the choice. When out clubbing, men always try to pick women up. Why do men make the first move and buy the drinks? Because the woman has all the power. A man going out to pull has to be good - it's something quite hard to do. A woman going out to pull is more like a shopping trip - trying to decide which man to go home with.

Men put in all the effort, buy the drinks, make the first move and get rejected far, far more by women than the other way around. Moreover, a study was done where a hot girl walked up to guys in pubs/clubs and asked them for sex. A little over 50% said yes. A hot guy did the same, and less than 10% of women agreed.

A man who has a lot of sex has done something many men would like to do, but find difficult. A woman who has lots of sex has made the choice to have lots of sex, but she has achieved little than lots of girls couldn't.

ReputationRep:
    I think the reason is that sex is for procreation from a fundamental and biological point of view; and, during a lifetime, one man can impregnate hundreds or thousands of women wheras one woman is only capable of having relatively few children during her lifetime. - Viewed like this it seems to stem from the perhaps supposed unnaturalness of contraception.

You got this question from girl interrupted didn't you????!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 12, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.