Turn on thread page Beta

Dying watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    :confused: How young can you die of old age?

ReputationRep:
    dunno. old age can bring all sorts of problems such as increaesd chances of becoming diabetic, getting strokes and heart attacks so i'd say about 70ish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    depends how "young" you think someone who is "old" is... that doesn't make sense does it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    you can die at any age

ReputationRep:
    HUn, I think old is when you start to get wrinkles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eric bischoff)
    you can die at any age
    Yeah, but people die of 'old age'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    I'd always thought people who dies of old age were 80 plus. but that limit is increasing now... I get so sad when people die of broken hearts, like some old people do. Must be terrible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rednirt)
    I'd always thought people who dies of old age were 80 plus. but that limit is increasing now... I get so sad when people die of broken hearts, like some old people do. Must be terrible.
    :eek: you can die of a broken heart?! That's really sad!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    ow my heart

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    :eek: you can die of a broken heart?! That's really sad!
    yeah. Prime example I know of is when my friends grandmother woke up and her husband of 60 odd years was dead beside her, had just died in his sleep. she just lay back down and gave up. She refused to get out of bed and died a few days later

ReputationRep:
    yeah. Prime example I know of is when my friends grandmother woke up and her husband of 60 odd years was dead beside her, had just died in his sleep. she just lay back down and gave up. She refused to get out of bed and died a few days later
    That's really really sad. Saw a similar thing(but in a totally different league) on tv about a swan at alton towers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    That's really really sad. Saw a similar thing(but in a totally different league) on tv about a swan at alton towers.
    lmao... sorry, just the we move from humans to Swans at Alton Towers

Poor swan. But yeah, being serious, its not that uncommon I think.

ReputationRep:
    iv wanted to die a few times the past fe days to be honest. i dont no if itl change soon... i hope so.

life is startin 2 look up a little, i might b goin for a night out on the town, and gettin a new job so... theres stil hope yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lumpycustard)
    iv wanted to die a few times the past fe days to be honest. i dont no if itl change soon... i hope so.

life is startin 2 look up a little, i might b goin for a night out on the town, and gettin a new job so... theres stil hope yet
    whats up lumpy? Dont be down, sounds like things may be on the up

ReputationRep:
    lmao... sorry, just the we move from humans to Swans at Alton Towers

Poor swan. But yeah, being serious, its not that uncommon I think.
    The swan didn't die. Birds like swans mate for life and one of the ones at alton towers was always following around one of the swan boats (it was his mate!!). But he got moved from alton towers and got really really depressed and nearly died, so the bloke looking after it bought the swan boat from alton towers and put it on the shore of the lake and the swan got better and was all happy again

ReputationRep:
    my gran died of old age she was 97 n dat iz OLD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    Hmmmm.......i dont even know how to answer that lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Barman)
    Hmmmm.......i dont even know how to answer that lol
    Go on, try...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    Nobody's ever died of "old age". People die old but it's not old age that is the immediate cause of death.

The truth is there's only one real cause of death. Lack of breath!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    Nobody's ever died of "old age". People die old but it's not old age that is the immediate cause of death.

The truth is there's only one real cause of death. Lack of breath!
    See what you mean. I worked at a place in the summer though and had to record deaths/injuries that happened in old peoples care homes. Doctors did use 'old age' as a cause of death.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.