Dying Watch

This discussion is closed.
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Amb1)
See what you mean. I worked at a place in the summer though and had to record deaths/injuries that happened in old peoples care homes. Doctors did use 'old age' as a cause of death.

That's very scientific of them.
samd294
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Sorry to disappoint you, but there is no such cause of death as "old age". Its given as a reason when there was no disease specifically, but something vital stops working or occurs purely as a function of the age of the person. So strokes, massive coronaries etc are probably all attributable to "old age" in some cases. I guess when its put on any kind of officia documents as cause of death, its used when they decide not to do an autopsy because the specific cause of death is fairly irrelevant.
superomega1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by rednirt)
I'd always thought people who dies of old age were 80 plus. but that limit is increasing now... I get so sad when people die of broken hearts, like some old people do. Must be terrible.
'broken heart' is just a term for someone losing a loved one and becoming depressed. They won't exactly die because of that. check out Marlon from Emerdale. Trisha died but Marlon hasn't despite being depressed over her death.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
That is a soap though and is all fiction. Marlon is also young, I think who ever it was meant that older people can die of a broken heart as they are quite weak and won't have the stamima.
DevilsDoor
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
Nobody's ever died of "old age". People die old but it's not old age that is the immediate cause of death.

The truth is there's only one real cause of death. Lack of breath!
Chuckles, agreed on the real cause of death being asphyxiation, there are many causes of death, but the real cause is lack of breath.

Now to answer the question, how can anyone die of old age, as we grow older, our body cannot maintain itself and the older we get the less we reproduce our forever dying brain cells (and others) therefore at some point our body will cease to function. As each person is different, this can happen at any age.
Pencil
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
At the age of 40, the body starts to show its age and things start going wrong. Most people at the age of 50 have all sorts of problems. By the age of 60, people are the doctors every month.
me!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Pencil)
At the age of 40, the body starts to show its age and things start going wrong. Most people at the age of 50 have all sorts of problems. By the age of 60, people are the doctors every month.
I think that's abit wrong... Both my parents are nearly 60 and they're perfectly fine, no problems at all!
emmz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Amb1)
See what you mean. I worked at a place in the summer though and had to record deaths/injuries that happened in old peoples care homes. Doctors did use 'old age' as a cause of death.
yea but why exactly does lack of breath take place :confused:
musicbloke
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
was this thread just created for angsty adolescentsto discuss there bravado of wanting to commit suicid.

Sorry to be so wordy - I'm tired,
MB
Amb1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by musicboy)
was this thread just created for angsty adolescentsto discuss there bravado of wanting to commit suicid.

Sorry to be so wordy - I'm tired,
MB
:confused:
No. I was just wondering.
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (32)
17.78%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (27)
15%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (39)
21.67%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (65)
36.11%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (6)
3.33%
No particular grades needed (11)
6.11%