Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jermay88)
    Does anybody get fed up with shaving? I hate doing it. I do it every day, it takes 20 minutes and by the end of the day I need to shave again. I also get razor burn every time and usualy cut myself a bit. It might sound a bit crazy and stupid but I was thinking whether something like electrolysis would stop the facial hair growing lol, not that I would do that.

Why dont you go for the ole beard growing?

some of the most successful blokes in the world have had beards....

Like a famous game show host

and a world leader of over 30years

and a subersive cult leader

ReputationRep:
    I won't grow facial hair myself mainly because it looks stupid since my hair is very dark brown, almost black, and anything from sideburns down comes out kind of ginger :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Scotto)
    ... and a subersive cult leader
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    one word, BEARD

just read this then you'll know its the right thing to do, www.wearbeard.com

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bean945)
    Everything causes cancer these days
    :ditto:
    Totally agree

ReputationRep:
    I think I win for worst shaving problem though. I was using my electric shaver and it burst a tiny spot I didn't realise I had. So, despite my cleaning of the head, the shaver got infected. I spread the infection all over my face and ended up with a very unwelcome beard- a big, red itchy rash an inch or two round my mouth. Impetygo, apparently. I couldn't even open my mouth without being in agony. So anyway, I couldn't shave until it had mostly cleared. A week later it's almost completely gone, and so I shave (with my new razor) to get rid of this itchy beard I'd grown. Guess what happens? The rash comes back! And so up until last week I kept going in the same cycle over and over again. TWO MONTHS of bloody agony and a bloody beard. Slightly off-topic I know, but it should make you realise it's not too bad to have to shave every day- some people would love to be able to.

ReputationRep:
    I don't bother normally. I'v enot shaved since, oh... February! I normally do in the holidays when I have to work, but at uni I just grow a beard that varies in scruffyness depending on how often I trim it.

I use an electric razor, and once the hair's grown for 2 days or longer I ahv eto use the longhair trimmer which is such a faf I normally don't bother. Shaving every day is quick, but it's still a hastle I do without.

Maybe you could try an electric razor? Only takes about 3 mintues if you do it every day. Admitedly not such a clean shave, but still better than nowt.

ReputationRep:
    well i am not shaving until the end of exams its been two weeks and two weeks to go. join the berdy soceity its the best. ***** shaving

ReputationRep:
    Im 19 and shave once every 3 days or so when Im at Uni. Im not bothered about having stubble or supposedly looking scruffy as its only Uni and who is bothered lol. During the holidays and such I have gone up to a week without a shave :O This has only happened a couple of times but it starts to get irritating then lol. If you dont have to shave every day then dont, I think that is the art to it

ReputationRep:
    I hate shaving all the time, it is so annoying. I wear goatee without the tash at the moment, but I still have to shave the rest or listen to girls complain I look a mess. I only shave regularly with a girl if she shaves down there as regularly - that is a fair compremise

ReputationRep:
    I've had to shave regularly since I was 13 :eek: It used to be pretty amazing back then but now it's just annoying :ts: I normally just leave my stubble to grow for a week or until it gets too itchy to manage, but sometimes I'll have a shave for something/somebody important. Sometimes I wish I wasn't blessed with such freely growing facial hair :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Couple of times a week for me is fine. I'd say a week is the max you can leave it before it starts to get annoying (unless you want to grow a big beard), but i've found there's certainly no need to do it more regularly than every 3 days.

ReputationRep:
    bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

electric shavers are easy like dimexi.

ReputationRep:
    yep i know how your feeling am so sick of shaving too. Guess am gunna have to have to invest in a permanent hair removal system

ReputationRep:
    Freeze drying is effective for hair removal. Wearing a balaclava has lack-of-work and cosmetic advantages (you might look better with your face covered up)

ReputationRep:
    You're preaching to the choir, shaving is the gayest thing ever. Most of the time I just get hair clippers and shave it so it's just stubble. When I'm clean shaven I feel like my face is naked

ReputationRep:
    I haven't shaved for a week and I look a ****ing mess

ReputationRep:
    Stay strong my brother

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KellsEnder)
    I very much doubt that what you've read is true. If that was the case I think it'd have been all over the papers and telly.
    Do you have a link to the research?
    yup

http://www.cancer.org/docroot/PED/co...p?sitearea=PED

i cant find the one about hair... sorry il try

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind a bit of stubble or full on beard, but not moustaches. Especially those grown by people who haven't been shaving for too long so it just looks like a few hairs across their top lip.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 14, 2006
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.