Financial support for higher education students in 2004/05

Watch
This discussion is closed.
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Everyone apart from my sixthform appears to be filling out various forms regarding financial support for higher education students in 2004/05. Surely now is the time we should be filling in these application forms? I'm slightly worried, are there any deadlines? :confused:
Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by waiting2smile)
Everyone apart from my sixthform appears to be filling out various forms regarding financial support for higher education students in 2004/05. Surely now is the time we should be filling in these application forms? I'm slightly worried, are there any deadlines? :confused:
I contacted my L.E.A. and was told it would be April before I got a form sent to me.
Mark_KK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Pencil Queen, I am 23 years old and if I go to Uni I shall be quitting work. I am single and will be living away from home not having any income for the duration of my studentship (is that a word?). Will they offer me less support because I *did* work in the academic year before I went to uni?
Mark_KK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Thanks - I have already obliged with rep .
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
That just sucks and illustrates why rep should be banned
frappucino
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
the thing i dont get is this:

the deadline for submitting the financial support form is may 2005!? don't you have to pay for each term in advance? will that mean that my parents pay first and get a refund later?? or do i get my term paid as soon as i submit?

:confused: :confused: :confused:
Emma18
Report 16 years ago
I know i have to pay all my fees, but can you pay them all up front, or do you have to pay monthly or termly or something??? :confused:
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
http://www.dfes.gov.uk/studentsupport

All details are on that website
Thanks (i'll remember to give some rep when i'm next allowed to)
hornblower
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Nobody at my sixth-form has heard anything about finance forms.

I asked the head of sixth-form about them, and he said that he was just about to get onto it. This was over two weeks ago.
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
(Original post by hornblower)
Nobody at my sixth-form has heard anything about finance forms.

I asked the head of sixth-form about them, and he said that he was just about to get onto it. This was over two weeks ago.
It's just the forms seem rather complicated so i would like enough time to complete them. I'm forcing my dad to go and get them since my sixthform is taking their time. The dealine i hear is June 2nd.
ruthiepoothie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
It's just the forms seem rather complicated so i would like enough time to complete them. I'm forcing my dad to go and get them since my sixthform is taking their time. The dealine i hear is June 2nd.
phone up your lea-they will send them to you...
if you are doing income assessed the deadline in 2nd june
if you are doing non-income assessed, the dealdline is sometime in april.
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
(Original post by ruthiepoothie)
phone up your lea-they will send them to you...
if you are doing income assessed the deadline in 2nd june
if you are doing non-income assessed, the dealdline is sometime in april.
I'm completely clueless about that. I think the April deadline might apply to me
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (290)
34.12%
No (560)
65.88%

Watched Threads