The Student Room Group

What are your fashion no-no's?

I always mix-match my clothes and wear clashing combinations, clashing patterns etc etc. This is because I like being unique and it gives me the freedom to wear exactly what I want. I also like to cause attention to myself and for people to acknowledge my presence.

What are your fashion no-no's so I can borrow them please?

Scroll to see replies

Crocs are a classic no-no. More recently, tops which have words such as 'geek', 'nerd', 'lol', 'swag', etc printed on them.
Original post by manic_fuzz
Crocs are a classic no-no. More recently, tops which have words such as 'geek', 'nerd', 'lol', 'swag', etc printed on them.

I want to look eccentric, not like a douche.
Reply 3

God this. My sister and little cousin have started wearing them :colonhash: Walking side by side they read 'Epic Geek'
Graphic Leggings.
Oh yes, the underbutt.
Reply 6
when people have necklaces with game-boys or other games consoles attached claiming to be a "real nerd" and retro
:sexface: /loljk
Original post by im so academic
I want to look eccentric, not like a douche.

Oh, difficult, there's a fine line between looking eccentric and looking annoyingly hipster.

Original post by Liam_G
God this. My sister and little cousin have started wearing them :colonhash: Walking side by side they read 'Epic Geek'

My sister has too succumbed :sadnod:
Those t-shirts with extremely low v-necks and those horrible patterned shirts which look like a design for wrapping paper.
Crocs are okay at home if gardening but Crocs in socks... :eek:

2011-01-06-BUSHCROCSPRESIDENTIALSOC.jpg
Oh, difficult, there's a fine line between looking eccentric and looking annoyingly hipster.

I definitely do not want to look hipster. I want to look eccentric.
Those are the worst things ever, especially when you're sitting on the bus and some girl is walking down the isle, bus turns and you get a whole lot of ass in your face :unimpressed:

If you want to look eccentric, wear weird hats, look up Vivienne Westwood and copy her :tongue:
Caps of any sort
A cameltoe
Socks and sandals
Anything with studs on it
Belts (that aren't for holding your trousers up)
Original post by im so academic
I definitely do not want to look hipster. I want to look eccentric.

It's perfectly possible to be both hipster and eccentric at the same time - they aren't mutually exclusive. Indeed, they are often combined.
Buttoning all the buttons on a suit, wearing running trainers with jeans. The whole football shirt, slim fit jeans and trainers look. Curved visor caps.
I am picturing you looking like Leah Mcfall. It won't go away haha.
chuck on a 'mom' style denim skirt with a baggy patterned shirt tucked in and coloured canvas' and massive bracelets. Hat if you're overly brave herher.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
It's perfectly possible to be both hipster and eccentric at the same time - they aren't mutually exclusive. Indeed, they are often combined.

I want to be purely eccentric.
Reply 18
I hate that...I remember seeing a girl wearing those the other week from behind, when I saw her face she was about 12 years old. I was like :zomg:

I also hate those 'geek' tops, or when girls wear band tee shirts and they've never even heard of the band. :facepalm2:
Clashing colours are fashionable at the moment.

I wear a Christmas jumper in the summer (it's my comfiest) and I don't throw away my tights until they are unwearable so they are usually covered in holes.

Quick Reply

Latest