The Student Room Group

St. Andrews Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Roadrunner96
I have my interview tomorrow and I am wondering if it is necessary to take my SQA exam certificate and other certificates with me? In Aberdeen I wasn't allowed anything in the interview with me but I'm not sure if this is different?

It'll tell you in the email you got. IIRC, you just need your photo ID.
To the people who have had their interviews, how do you feel they've gone? Mine was okay. Unsure as to what news to expect! Also, does anybody know when we'll be finding out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Affliction
To the people who have had their interviews, how do you feel they've gone? Mine was okay. Unsure as to what news to expect! Also, does anybody know when we'll be finding out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't feel as though mines went that well, I answered every question and they were so nice but I kept stuttering and repeating things I'd already said just because I was so nervous... Not too sure what to expect now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't feel as though mines went that well, I answered every question and they were so nice but I kept stuttering and repeating things I'd already said just because I was so nervous... Not too sure what to expect now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's pretty much exactly how I felt mine went!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RebeccaNeilson
That's pretty much exactly how I felt mine went!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I suppose they have to make some exceptions for nerves but I just wonder how far that stretches! When was your interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I suppose they have to make some exceptions for nerves but I just wonder how far that stretches! When was your interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think it would stretch to the rambling that was me answering questions! It was the 29th, when was yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mine was the 6th december. I think it went pretty terribly. I was so nervous and they were really pushing me so I ended up just having to say 'I don't know' for a couple of the really far flung questions. Waaahh I love St. Andrews, at least it's not 100% on the interview....
And I think it'll be a while before we hear, think it was early April last year :cool:
Original post by peanutbutter18
And I think it'll be a while before we hear, think it was early April last year :cool:

Sigh it's so long. :-( but I reckon I have a good clue as to what the reply will be :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RadioheadHermie
Sigh it's so long. :-( but I reckon I have a good clue as to what the reply will be :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too, I know. But it's not over til the fat lady sings :smile:
Reply 530
Does anyone reckon there are more interviews to be given out? :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by user18
Does anyone reckon there are more interviews to be given out? :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably, they interview into late March. At least they did last year...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 532
Original post by RebeccaNeilson
Probably, they interview into late March. At least they did last year...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe but they might have been given out already?
Has anyone got an offer yet? My interviewer told me that they would give some early offers to exceptional candidates
Hey mine was on the 6th December as well, i was just wondering what time was yours? and i thought i would just say that like yours my interview was not as good either, i felt a bit pushed near the end. Oh well at least it's only worth 20% in the end! :biggrin:
Reply 535

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think most unis send out most of their offers in mid March, after the last interviews. Since most offers are conditional the unis like to give the applicants plenty of notice about what they need to get.
Reply 536
how many int'l places avail for dos applyin via ucas? i heard only around 6 out f the 40 :frown: is it true?
Original post by sherazhar
how many int'l places avail for dos applyin via ucas? i heard only around 6 out f the 40 :frown: is it true?

Really confused by your question, but there are around 20 - 40 spots for international applicants

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 538
Original post by Blobblecats
Really confused by your question, but there are around 20 - 40 spots for international applicants

Posted from TSR Mobile

about 20 are reserved for their Int'l Foundation students :frown: and a few for Perth College pathway and another few for Canadians :frown: It's really sick!
Original post by sherazhar
about 20 are reserved for their Int'l Foundation students :frown: and a few for Perth College pathway and another few for Canadians :frown: It's really sick!

Theres got to be more than a few Canadian places, every third person I meet seems to be canadian

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending