The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Will I feel old if I go when I'm 20?

I am currently on a gap year and I haven't finished travelling yet an seeing what I want to see, so I am considering deferring my place to start in 2014. I was just wondering, as I would be starting when I'm twenty would I feel a lot older than the other students, it do lots I people start at 20? Are there any statistics?

What's the accomidation that most people go to who have taken gap years?

Thanks
Hi Lou

Thanks for your question. The short answer is no - you won't feel old! :smile: Looking at numbers from last year, over 80% of our new first year undergraduate students fell into the "under 21 years old" category (see - you're still in the first age bracket!). I'm afraid I don't have it broken down further than that, but hopefully it shows that you're still young! :smile:

Many students take multiple gap years between college and university, I think it's this diverse range of people we have at Leeds that makes it a great place to study and live.

In terms of accommodation, there's no particular hall that gap year students are put into, it really depends on what you selected on your accommodation application.

I hope that puts your mind at ease, you definitely won't be the only 20 year old starting with us this September, and there will definitely be students older than you :smile:

Amanda
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Quick Reply

Latest