Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Quite a funny question I guess, but should help decide if its worthwhile to bring up by bike. I know the main access from the Uni is the motorway, but are there cycle paths around going from the campus? Also is it possible to get into Brighton by bicycle. Anyone who knows...it's over to you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Materia)
    Quite a funny question I guess, but should help decide if its worthwhile to bring up by bike. I know the main access from the Uni is the motorway, but are there cycle paths around going from the campus? Also is it possible to get into Brighton by bicycle. Anyone who knows...it's over to you!
    Yep there is a bike path that runs all the way through campus. It is possible to cycle into town (there is a bike path that continues off campus) although bear in mind that it is approx 4 miles. It is worth having a bike - quite a lot of people cycle to lectures. There is a fair amount of bike racks on campus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Materia)
    Yes, if you enjoy cycling, do it. There's plenty of provision for bikes, and some good routes up on the South Downs as well...

ReputationRep:
    It's an A road, not a motorway. Still scary. I'd bring my bike anyway, not least to cycle from halls to the academic buildings. It isn't far, but a bike would shave minutes off. Then in the first week use public transport and take a look at the roads, the cycle lanes, the attitude of drivers from the handy vantage point of the top deck of the 25 towards Palmeira Sq. Use that to decide whether you'll cycle into town regularly, and into lectures in years 2 and 3.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.